How to fill out the form
Details on filling out the Event Request Form can be read below:
Event Submitted By
Provide your First and Last Name, your Email Address, the Organization (that you are submitting the event on behalf of) and your phone number. This information is needed if the Calendar Administrators have a question about your submission and will not be displayed publicly with the event.
- Event Name: This is the name for the event by which the event will be referred to throughout the calendar.
- Event Categorization: Check all categories or sub-categories you would like the event to appear on. If you select a sub-category, you do not also have to select the main Category, as events included in a Sub-Category are automatically included in the parent Category. For example, if you select the Sub-Category of “Hallie Ford Museum of Arts”, the “Arts” Category (which is the main Category containing it) will be included automatically.
- Event Description: This is the description of the event. Try to keep the description to 150 words or less. If a more lengthy description is required, it is recommended that the full description be placed on an outside website. Then, the site URL can either be linked in the description field or the “Other Details” section below.
- Upload Image: Here you can upload an image to be included on the Event Details page. The maximum width of the image is 350 pixels and can be no larger than 80K.
- Image Alt Text: This is text that will be displayed in place of the image if the image cannot be viewed for any reason. As a result, this field is required if you upload an image.
- Upload Attachment: You can upload up to three attachments that will be linked to from the your event’s Event Details page. The maximum file size of an attachment file is 10MB.
- Attachment Link Text: This is the text that will be used as the link to the attachment on the Event Details page. For example, if uploading a registration attachment, text can be entered such as “Download the Registration Form”.
Check all location(s) where your event will take place.
The locations are grouped by “Location” then by “building” and then by “room.” The location will be indented in the list to show that it is a sub-area of a larger reservable location.
If you select a room you do not need to select the building or the location that it is held in. By selecting the room(s), the containing building is automatically included in their locations.
Not all schedulable rooms or spaces have been included in the events calendar, but the most commonly reserved ones have. If you do not find a location/building combination for where your event is taking place simply select the “Other (See Other Details for more information)” from the list and enter the location information in the “Other Details” text field further down the form. If you can find the building on the list where your event is scheduled, simply check the building name and put the room information in the “Other Details” area.
- Start and End Date: In most cases these will be the same. If your event spans multiple days, provide a start and end date and then set the “Recur Type” to “Daily.” If you don’t set the Recur Type to Daily, the event will be shown as continuous from the Start Date to the End Date.
- Recur Type/Number of Occurrences: If the event is recurring on some regular pattern, you can set the Recur Type to Daily, Weekly, Monthly, or Yearly. If you have a series of events that are connected, but do not occur in a regular pattern, please consult with a Calendar Administrator about loading your event into the system.
- All Day: If you check this box to indicate the event is All Day, you do not need to enter a start or end time.
- Start Time: A Start Time is required for events that are not considered All Day. The Start Time should be entered in the following format: hh:mm XM where hh represents a one or two-digit hour value (12 hour clock), mm represents a one or two-digit minute value, and XM is either AM or PM.
- End Time: Provide an End Time in the same format as you did the start time. If an End Time cannot be specific, this field can be left blank.
Event Contact Information
This information is included publicly on the Event Details page of your event. Provide the Name, Phone Number and Email Address of the contact for the event. (i.e., the contact person who will provide further information about the event).
The information added in the first four fields in this section is included on the Event Details page for your event. The last two items are for internal use only.
- Admission/Ticket Info: This is an optional field where you can include information about ticket prices, where to get tickets, when doors open, etc.
- Audience: Check the boxes for any target audience that is intended for your event. At least one Audience Type is required. This information will appear on all the list based (Date/Time/Category/Summary, etc.) calendar views.
- Events Sponsor(s): Provide the name(s) of the events sponsor(s) and co-sponsors. At least one event sponsor must be listed.
- Other Details: This text field is for any additional information about the event. This can include entering a url to the events website (Note: begin the url with either http://, https:// or www.)
- Space has been reserved with Scheduling: Indicate whether or not you have reserved the space where your event is taking place. Enter “Yes”, “No” or “Pending” (indicating if you have, but not received a confirmation yet). Remember that indicating a space in the Events Calendar does not mean that you have officially reserved the space. You must reserve the space through Calendaring and Scheduling. This will be seen by the Event approver admin(s) only.
What's the next step?
If you have finished filling out the Event Request Form, proceed by clicking the "Preview" button (the tutorial on this step can be seen here).
After reviewing your content, choose to go "Back" for revisions or click the "Submit" button to send in your event request. Your event will be forwarded to the appropriate Calendar administrator(s) for review and approval before being posted to the calendar.