Where is My Content?
- Did you publish the assets (folder/files/pages)?
- Has the publish gone through yet?
- Did you refresh the page on the live site?
- Did you clear the history of your web browser?
- Did you restart the web browser?
- Did you receive an error message when you tried to publish?
Submitting is saving the content into WebEdit, however publishing is what enables the content to be seen in the live site.back to top]
The WebEdit system is shared by multiple users, and can only publish one asset at a time. Sometimes, there is a publishing queue if many assets are being sent to publish at the same time. It could be that the asset you are trying to publish is on a waiting list and simply has not been published yet.
Click here to learn about how to see the publisher's active jobs.[back to top]
Make sure that the page with updates is refreshed so that it can re-load any new content.[back to top]
On some browsers, refreshing the page may not be enough. In this case, go to Tools >> Clear Recent History. Then, try refreshing the page again.[back to top]
Occasionally, a web browser may encounter random errors. This also can occur if the browser is attempting to upgrade to a newer version. Make sure the the browser is updated to the most current edition and try restarting it.[back to top]
It may be that the asset you are trying to publish is not set to in its system preferences.
Learn how to adjust this setting here.
Still need help?
- If you are still experiencing problems, look through our Fix a Problem section for other guides to get you back on track.
- Or, for a specific tutorial, check out the How Do I... Tutorials.