Master of Arts in Teaching
Middle School Education, High School Education
Biology, Integrated Science, Multiple Subjects
- Classroom management
- Comfortable with technology
- Making student connections
- Differentiation methods
- Experience in wildlife biology helpful in class
- Oregon State University, BS (zoology)
- Willamette University, MAT
Teacher Research Topic
Creating deeper understanding in science by emphasizing importance of vocabulary and literary strategies.
- Silverton High School (biology/physical science)
- Waldo Middle School (7th grade math)
- Restricted substitute teacher, Coos Bay/North Bend School District (taught multiple subjects and ages)
- Adult counselor, Indian Education Camp (led camp activities)
- Field site educator, HawkWatch International Bonney Butte Migration Site (interpretive education)
- Education intern, HawkWatch International (interpretive education)
- Education specialist, Wildlife Safari (education department at AZA accredited zoo)
Student Teaching Supervisors
- Kris Yarnall, Silverton High School, Silverton, Ore.
- Alison Stolfus, Silverton High School, Silverton, Ore.
- Xiomara Gunderson, Waldo Middle School, Salem, Ore.
- Tom Buchanan, EdD, firstname.lastname@example.org