Master of Arts in Teaching
- Great at building student-teacher relations
- Team player
- Flexible, creative, and good at improvising
- Cooperative learning environments
- Teaching multiple intelligences
- Portland State University, BS (biology - 2002)
- Willamette University, MAT
Teacher Research Topic
How do visuals help students learn Biology?
- South Salem High School, Salem, Ore.
- Claggett Creek Middle School, Salem, Ore., 7th gr. science
Other Classroom / Youth Experience
- Volunteer: Sprague High School, assisted students in biology, physical science, conservation, and speech team. (2009-2010)
- Self-employed tutor: 6th and 7th gr. math, geometry, honors geometry, and 7th gr. science. (2008-2010)
- Volunteer: Howard Street Middle School, Salem, Ore., science (May 2003)
Student Teaching Supervisor
- Rob Wood, South Salem High School, Salem, Ore.
- Jolene Hinrichsen, Claggett Creek Middle School, Salem, Ore.