Master of Arts in Teaching
- Subject area content
- Use of technology in the classroom
- Formative assessment
- University of Oregon, BS (chemistry)
- Oregon State University, MS (organic chemistry)
- Willamette University, MAT
Teacher Research Topic
The use of student misconceptions and preconceptions in the science classroom: How can I uncover and use my students’ prior knowledge about science in the classroom? How do my students respond to the published techniques for addressing their misconceptions?
- South Salem High School, Salem, Ore., physics and pre-IB chemistry
- Crossler Middle School, gr. 6 science
- Please see resume
Student Teaching Supervisors
- John Hercher, South Salem High School, Salem, Ore.
- Dave Hanus, South Salem High School, Salem, Ore.
- Kent Norris, Crossler Middle School, Salem, Ore.
- Tom Buchanan, firstname.lastname@example.org