Master of Arts in Teaching
Early Childhood Education, Elementary Education, Middle School Education, High School Education
Multiple Subjects, Social Studies
- I feel that my teaching strengths center around building relationships with my students. I’ve worked in a number of difficult positions, both in the educational and mental health field, and feel that having rapport with students is the best way to reach them and guide them in their academics/behaviors.
- I think that I’m an approachable teacher and make myself open to my students.
- I love working with kids and believe that they can sense that.
- Southern Oregon University, BA (psychology)
- Willamette University, MAT
- Silverton High School, Siverton, Ore., social studies and SPED
- Silver Crest Elementary School, Silverton, Ore., grades 3-5, SPED
- Special programs instructional assistant, Salem-Keizer School District (2008-2010)
- Child and family care coordinator, Deschutes County Mental Health, Bend, Ore. (2007-2008)
- Direct care staff, state operated community program, Silverton, Ore. (2006-2007)
- Psychiatric technician, Albertina Kerr Centers (SubAcute), Portland, Ore. (2006)
- On-call child treatment specialist, Southern Oregon Child Study and Treatment Center, Ashland, Ore. (summer 2006)
- Internship (260 hours): Southern Oregon Child Study and Treatment Center, Ashland, Ore. (winter 2006)
Student Teaching Supervisors
- Chris Blackburn , Silverton High School, Silverton, Ore. (social studies)
- Francis McCarty, Silverton High School, Silverton, Ore. (SPED)
- Kevin Zenchenko, Silver Crest Elementary School, Silverton, Ore.
- Rena Wagner, Silver Crest Elementary School, Silverton, Ore. (SPED)
- Sue Peters Smith, email@example.com