Elizabeth “Betsy” Strobel
Master of Arts in Teaching
- Multiple intelligences
- Multicultural education
- Positive, flexible, collaborative professional
- Use of technology
- SIOP, ESOL
- Proficiency-based grading
- Managing small groups
- Differentiation (from ESL transitional to TAG)
- Pursuing middle level social studies endorsement
- Oregon State University, BA (honors) (English, minor in Spanish)
- Willamette University, MAT
Teacher Research Topic
How do I motivate students to read/write in a class with a curriculum of limited choices?
- Douglas McKay High School, survey English 10 and honors English 10
- Claggett Creek Middle School, gr. 8 English
Other Classroom / Youth Experience
- High school Sunday school teacher, Morningside United Methodist Church, Salem, Ore.
- Volunteer, Kid’s Klub afterschool program, Morningside United Methodist Church, Salem, Ore.
- Classroom volunteer, Lee Elementary School, Salem, Ore.
Student Teaching Supervisor
- Hiyori Lawrence, Douglas McKay High School, Salem, Ore.
- Rebekah McBeth, Claggett Creek Middle School, Keizer, Ore.
- Rebecca Steinke, firstname.lastname@example.org