Master of Arts in Teaching
- Highly qualified in middle school language arts
- Establishing and nurturing interpersonal relationships
- Contributing as a member of a team
- Maintaining a positive attitude
- Willingness to learn / professional development
- Awareness and classroom differentiation regarding multiple intelligences
- Constantly practicing and preaching cultural sensitivity
- Planning to pursue an ESOL endorsement in the near future
- Goshen College, BA (history)
- Willamette University, MAT
Teacher Research Topic
Integrating student narratives and personal experiences into social studies curriculum: how will students react when they realize their own lives and classroom content to be intertwined?
- North Salem High School, Salem, Ore., gr. 9 social studies
- Houck Middle School, Salem, Ore., gr. 8 language arts
Other Classroom / Youth Experience
- Middle school librarian, classroom aide, Mennonite Voluntary Service/AmeriCorps,
- Basketball coach, environmental club leader, Mennonite Voluntary Service/AmeriCorps,
- Substitute teacher, Goshen community schools, grades K-12
- Camp counselor/camp volunteer, Drift Creek Camp
Student Teaching Supervisor
- Vicki Mashos, North Salem High School, Salem, Ore.
- Kari Caulder, Houck Middle School, Salem, Ore.
- Steve Rhine, EdD, firstname.lastname@example.org