Master of Arts in Teaching
- Able to make content meaningful for all students by relating the material to their experience and existing knowledge.
- Engage students in various ways such as the use of technology and realia.
- My experience teaching in Korea has prepared me to effectively relate to students from a variety of cultural backgrounds.
- Able to create a welcoming atmosphere in which students can learn.
- I am very open to new teaching ideas and look forward to working with and learning from colleagues.
- University of Oregon, BA (psychology 1998 )
- Willamette University, MAT (2012)
Teacher Research Topic
“How do we make reading a more interactive experience?” I will observe reading instruction and work with students to make reading more interactive. The goal is [ultimately] to improve reading and comprehension skills in all students.
- Pringle Elementary School, Salem, Oregon, 5th grade
- Eugene Field Elementary School, Silverton, Oregon, 2nd grade, focus on social studies (American and Korean Thanksgivings) and writing (friendly letters to Korean pen pals)
Other Classroom Experience
- English teacher, South Korea, pre-kindergarten to adult, all English proficiency levels, ten years
Student Teaching Supervisor
- Carol Decembre, Pringle Elementary School, Salem, Oregon, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Stephanie Lovrien, Pringle Elementary School, Salem, Oregon, email@example.com
- Linda Tamura, EdD, Willamette University, firstname.lastname@example.org