Robert Anthony Garcia
Master of Arts in Teaching
- My teaching strengths are using my assessment capabilities to create better lessons for my classes and creating relationships with students to help optimize the learning environment.
- I also love working as a member of a team to collaborate toward a common goal.
- Outside of the classroom I am a natural leader as well as a hard worker.
- Willamette University, BA 2009 (exercise science)
- Willamette University, MAT
Teacher Research Topic
My teacher research was attempting to determine if music has an affect on transition time between activities. Often times I split lecture time and individual work time so students have a break in between, with that I have to bring everyone back together as well as sending them back to work. Music was the tool that I used to gain attention at a faster rate.
- Sprague High School, Salem, Orregon, Freshman Health Education, grades 10-12, introduction to sports medicine
- Sprague High School, Salem, Oregon, 7th and 8th grade pre algebra
Leadership / Coaching:
- Amity High School, Amity, Oregon, Varsity O-line/D-line coach (June 2011 - November 2011)
- South Salem High School, Salem, Oregon: Junior Varsity O-line/D-line coach (June 2009 - November 2010)
- South Salem High School, Salem, Oregon: Mentor/new mentor guide creator (September 2007 - December 2009)
Student Teaching Supervisor
- Amy West, Sprague High School, Salem, Oregon
- Tim Stuckart, Amity Middle School, Amity, Oregon
- Loran Sell, Willamette University, firstname.lastname@example.org