Master of Arts in Teaching
- Teacher with over 20 years of experience with children. My approach to teaching is holistic and student centered. I strive to build strong relationships with all of my students.
- I believe learning should take place within authentic, collaborative social experiences and children need a secure, caring and stimulating atmosphere in which to grow emotionally, intellectually, physically and socially. My role as a teacher is to facilitate this experience for all students.
- I am a lifelong learner, and I learn the most from others every day. The most exciting plans are born in teams! I thrive when I am collaborating with other teachers to come up with big ideas. I am a flexible, contributing member to any team.
- I am positive, creative thinker and I take inspiration from the world around me. I can always find a way to make learning fun.
- Willamette University, Masters of Arts in Teaching, 2013 (ECE/Elementary Authorization, ESOL Endorsement)
- Oregon State University, Bachelor of Science, 1990 (Human Development)
- Kennedy Elementary School, Keizer, Oregon, First grade, Multi-subjects
- Battle Creek Elementary School, Salem, Oregon, Third grade, Multi-subjects
- Certified Substitute Teacher, Silverfalls School District, Silverton, Oregon, Multi-subject teaching K-8
- Therapist/ Children's Unit, Oregon State Hospital, Salem, Oregon, Planned and implemented recreational and behavior modification therapy for children ages 5-12 who have mental health disorders and emotional disturbances.
- Head Start Teacher, Siletz Tribal Headstart, Salem, Oregon, Head teacher- Planned and implemented developmental lesson plans for 20 students ages 3-5 using instructional methods such as cooperative learning and learning centers. Made regular home visits and acted as a liaison to community resources.
Student Teaching Supervisor
- Karen Walson, Kennedy Elementary, Keizer, Oregon
- Kyla Goulding, Battle Creek Elementary, Salem, Oregon
- Alisa Bates, PhD, Willamette University, email@example.com