Emily Corder Simpson
Master of Arts in Teaching
- Great Team Player: Working as an Instructional Assistant for several years, I found working as a team to be both fun and essential to meeting students' needs.
- Willing to try new things: every student is different and has different needs. I'm willing and take pleasure in trying new, creative, sometimes unusual strategies to meet students' learning needs.
- Respectful: I fully believe in the value of every individual. Whether a co-worker or a student, I know each person I interact with brings a unique perspective I can learn from.
- Introspective: I continuously reflect upon my own work as a teacher and co-worker, looking for ways to improve myself and grow.
- Willamette University, BA in English, 2004 (Minor in Environmental Science)
- Willamette University, MA in Teaching
- South Salem High School, Salem, OR, 11th grade, English
- Four Corners Elementary, Salem, OR, Developmental Kindergarten, Developmental skills
- South Salem High School, Salem, OR, 9-12, LRC English
- Straub Middle School, Salem, OR, 7th grade, Language Arts
- Instructional Assistant, 1:1 (SPED), Salem Keizer School District, Walker Middle School, 1:1 for an 8th grader in a EGC classroom
- Instructional Assistant (SPED), Salem Keizer School District, North Salem High School, Classroom Assistant in an ERC classroom
- Instructional Assistant, 1:1 (SPED), Salem Keizer School District, North Salem High School, 1:1 to a student in an ERC classroom
Student Teaching Supervisor
- Alaina Santana (Language Arts), South Salem High School, Salem, OR, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Casey McConville, Straub Middle School, Salem, OR
- Nancy Earl (SPED), South Salem High School, Salem, OR, email@example.com