Master of Arts in Teaching
- Relationship Builder- In order for students to effectively learn, they need to know, be known by and trust their teacher. I foster this kind of relationship by being accessible and real with my students, by not judging them, and by caring for them genuinely.
- Energy- Students need to see that their teacher is happy to be with them and passionate about their subject. Energy is contagious and I have found that as I display my excitement for my subject and their success, students join me and become more engaged.
- Professional- The effective teacher is one that models professionalism in all that they do. A professional comes prepared to focus on the important task at hand throughout the day. A professional knows where their boundaries and limits are and acts accordingly. A professional knows that their appearance can either support or detract from their message and presents appropriately. A professional is a skilled communicator whether spoken, written, or digital. I am a professional.
- Growing- Students deserve a teacher who constantly strives to improve their person and practice. They need models who admit when they are wrong and passionately embrace a better way. I am on the same path I want my students to be on; the path of the learner. I look forward to learning and improving as a teacher every day that I am privileged to be one.
- Willamette University, Master at the Art of Teaching, 2013 (Middle School Science, ESOL)
- Oregon State University, Human Development and Family Sciences, 2004
- Claggett Creek Middle School, Keizer, Or, 6, Science
- Cesar Chavez Elementary School, Salem, Or, 3, Science, reading, writing, math, etc.
- Instructional Aid (1 on 1), Salem Keizer School District, Whiteaker Middle School, One on one I.A. for a 6th grade student in an EGC. General classroom and instructional work also.
- Child Welfare Case Worker, Oregon DHS, Salem, Working with families in crisis to find permanent solutions to child welfare problems
- Child and Adolescent Treatment Specialist, Trillium Family Services (The Children's Farm Home), Corvallis, Or, Direct care staff in a semi-residential treatment facility. Running treatment groups, facilitating community outings and visits, seeing to daily needs and safety of youth and children.
Student Teaching Supervisor
- Jolene Hinrichsen, Claggett Creek M.S., Keizer, Or
- Donna Davis, Chavez E.S., Salem, or
- Sarah J. Taylor, Willamette University, email@example.com