Master of Arts in Teaching
- Effective classroom management: I have the ability to set boundaries and expectations for a learning environment that is safe and welcoming to all students, while still maintaining a classroom that has community at its center.
- Thoroughly prepared and highly organized: I am able to manage many tasks and procedures at once while paying attention to student needs of differentiated instruction and assessment.
- Meaningful, relevant, and authentic lesson planning: I believe that lesson plans should provide students the opportunity to engage in experiences that will help them to develop lifelong learning interests. I strive to integrate content that will encourage students to pursue their passions and dreams.
- Student awareness: I have the ability to plan in a way that caters to student needs. I am able to recognize when a student could benefit from extra support, whether it be related to school or some outside source. I can be that positive adult role model as a support system and an advocate for education on their behalf.
- Western Oregon University, Interdisciplinary Studies, 2013 (Focuses in Education, Creative Arts, and Humanities)
- Willamette University, MAT, 2014
- Battle Creek Elementary School, Salem-Keizer School District, 4th Grade ESOL
- Cesar Chavez Elementary, Salem-Keizer School District, 2nd Grade ESOL
- In Home Care Provider for Child with Autism, Department of Human Services, Salem, OR
- Dance Team Coach, Philomath School District, Philomath, OR
- Middle School Math Tutor, Philomath Middle School (volunteer), Philomath, OR
- Preschool Assistant Teacher, First Presbyterian Preschool and Childcare Center, Corvallis, OR
Student Teaching Supervisor
- Kelsey Daniels, Battle Creek Elementary School, Salem-Keizer School District
- Ryan English, Cesar Chavez Elementary School, Salem-Keizer School District
- Sarah J. Taylor, Willamette University, email@example.com