Master of Arts in Teaching
- Highly organized, efficient, dependable, flexible, and responsible-I am always prepared and spend my time efficiently, so as to optimize my time with my students. As I teach I am flexible and plan for alternate ways to complete a lesson.
- Differentiated Instruction- I consistently work to get to know my students through observations, conferences, and progress monitoring so I can plan instruction that will challenge my students. I create differentiated instruction through the "workshop model" and "gradual release of responsibility."
- Able to inspire, comfort, and build self-esteem- As an elementary teacher I believe it is important to get to know my students, as well as their interests. Through the relationships I build, I inspire, comfort, and build their self-esteem. I anticipate that my students will leave my classroom confident in their abilities and eager to learn.
- Knowledge of developmental theory and current educational policies-I am focused on an inquiry based practice of educating. I reflect and try new strategies that will help my students grow. I am up to date on the Common Core State Standards and I am well prepared to implement them in my classroom.
- The College of Idaho, 2013 Degree in Elementary Education (Minor in Leadership & Theatre )
- Battle Creek Elementary School, Salem-Keizer School District, Fifth Grade, Multiple Subjects, ESOL
- Battle Creek Elementary School, Salem-Keizer School District, Third Grade, Multiple Subjects, ESOL
- Volunteer, Van Buren Elementary School, Caldwell, ID, Small Group Instruction, Facilitated Classroom, Math Basic Concepts
- Youth Camp Assistant, Youth Ministries, Haiti, North America, English Vocabulary, Swimming, Writing, and Math
- Volunteer, Vallivue Middle School, Caldwell, ID, Algebra Concepts and Application, Small Group Instruction, Conducted an Ethnography
- Coach: Special Olympics, Green Valley High School, Henderson, NV, Assisted and Coached Special Olympics Team in Competition Sports.
Student Teaching Supervisor
- Cindy Tuttle, Battle Creek Elementary School, Salem-Keizer School District , email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org, 503 371-0780
- Courtney Thompson, Battle Creek Elementary School, Salem-Keizer School District
- Sarah J. Taylor, Willamette University, email@example.com