Master of Arts in Teaching
- I think that one of my largest strengths is my ability to create thorough lesson plans, but then be flexible enough to throw it all out the window in order to meet the needs of my students. I believe that being flexible is a huge part of teaching.
- Enthusiasm is another strength of mine. I am always looking for different ways to engage my students and keep them interested in the topic by being fully engaged with it myself.
- I strive to create a strong sense of community in the classroom and give my students respect to get their respect in return. I have been very successful with this in my experiences thus far.
- One last strength is the way that I balance technology, literacy, and collaboration in my lesson planning and instruction. This helps to differentiate my instruction and best meet each of my student's needs in the classroom.
- Willamette University, Bachelor's Degree in Sociology, 2013
- Willamette University, MAT, 2014 (ECE/ELE)
- Gubser Elementary, Salem, OR, Fifth, Math - Geometry
- Battle Creek Elementary, Salem, OR, Third, Social Studies - Geography
- Head Volleyball Coach, Linda White, Bellingham, WA, Coached 8th grade competitive school volleyball for four seasons
- Head Volleyball Coach, Tom Shoji, Salem, OR, Coached 8th grade competitive club volleyball/middle school volleyball for five seasons
- Volunteer Student Teacher, Rachel Cancino, Salem, OR, Volunteered at Richmond Elementary in 1st and 2nd grade classrooms for four semesters during undergraduate years
Student Teaching Supervisor
- Marissa Hein, Gubser Elementary, Salem, OR, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Stacey Sturges, Battle Creek Elementary, Salem, OR