Master of Arts in Teaching
- Expertly develops relationships with each individual student. I believe that strong, personal relationships are the foundation upon which learning takes place.
- Has an innate ability to assess the efficacy of a lesson and adapt accordingly. I have been told by multiple mentor teachers, on numerous occasions, that I have a natural ability to read a class and adapt instruction accordingly. I hope they are right.
- Makes learning fun. "Mr. Ross, you make learning fun." - Fifth grade student.
- Designs authentic instruction that challenges learners to apply their knowledge beyond the classroom. Students benefit from learning new material in ways that are meaningful outside of the classroom. It is important to give them a purpose and an audience that goes beyond simply getting a grade from a teacher.
- Willamette University, Master of Arts in Teaching, Expected June, 2014 (Mary Stuart Rogers Scholar)
- University of Redlands, Bachelor of Arts in Environmental Studies, 2005 (Magna Cum Laude, Phi Beta Kappa Honors Society, Presidential Scholar, Environmental Studies Departmental Honors, Redlands Achievement Award)
- Ash Creek Elementary School, Monmouth, OR, 5th Grade, Multiple Subjects
- Waldo Middle School, Salem, OR, 8th Grade, Science
- Youth Group Leader, Dallas Church, Dallas, OR
- One-on-One Mentor, Volunteer, Monmouth, OR
- Coach/Volunteer, Redlands Police Department, Recreation Division, Redlands, CA
- Coach/Volunteer, Dallas Church, Dallas, OR
Student Teaching Supervisor
- Shawn Beam, Ash Creek Elementary School, Monmouth, OR
- Ben Light, Waldo Middle School, Salem, OR