Master of Arts in Teaching
- I have a deep, abiding determination to serve the next generation. For fifteen years I have been working to help young people realize their own ability and fulfill their potential. I understand what sacrifice, hard work, and service to others mean; I will apply these principles in service to my classroom, school and colleagues.
- My curriculum planning and delivery is focused on deep understanding that is differentiated to help every student learn. The Willamette master's program has prepared me well for meeting the diverse needs of learners.
- I have a unique palette of experiences to benefit the young people I serve in the classroom. My significant experience working with Middle School students has translated to quality classroom management practices. In addition to my teaching credentials, I have specific skills and experience with youth leadership, sports instruction, community collaboration and grant writing.
- In January, 2014 I passed the ORELA test for Middle Grades Social Science.
- Willamette University, Master of Arts in Teaching 2014 (anticipated)
- Oregon State University Bachelor of Arts in Speech Communication 2007 (Magna cum Laude, Minor in Spanish)
- Adam Stephens Middle School, Salem, OR, 8th Grade, Led 3 periods of Language Arts classrooms in which over 75% of students were designated as English Language Learners. Worked with PLC to prepare units on argumentative essays and paired texts of poetry and non-fiction.
- Cesar Chavez Elementary School, Salem, OR, 3rd Grade, Co-taught all subjects. I prepared my work sample on a 4 week writing project which focused on developing dialogue and narrative technique with fractured fairy tales.
- Executive Director & Middle School Program Director (2007-2012), Jefferson Youth Connect, Jefferson, OR, Lead non-profit organization that annually served over 150 children and youth in grades K-8 at after school programs. Directly lead Middle School Program. Successfully wrote grants to government entities and charitable foundations.
- Youth Pastor (1999-2010), The Abundant Life Center church, Jefferson, OR, Lead all aspects of youth ministry including curriculum preparation,teaching youth and leading foreign youth mission teams.
- Middle School Wrestling Coach (2000-2002), Jefferson Parks and Recreation District, Jefferson, OR, Volunteer head coach of Jefferson Middle School wrestling team.
Student Teaching Supervisor
- Natasha Dunn (formerly Kendrick), Adam Stephens Middle School, Salem, OR
- Donna Davis, Cesar Chavez Elementary School, Salem, OR