Time to find a job?
The Graduate School of Education supports the success of MAT candidates and graduates in the search for teaching jobs. We hope these resources will help assist you through the process. GSE faculty and staff are more than willing serve as a resource. Good luck with the job search!
Looking to stay in Oregon?
With approximately 200 school districts throughout the beautiful state of Oregon, it's no wonder you want to use your Oregon teaching license to find a job right here. Most districts will use EdZapp for their hiring process. Mark your calendar now for the 2014 Oregon Professional Educator Fair on April 15-16, 2014. Another resource is to check out individual school websites for other job opportunities.
Resources for Oregon teaching jobs
- EdZapp - Connecting Great Teachers with Great Schools
- Career Fairs - Oregon Professional Educator Fair
- List of Oregon school districts
- For substitute teaching opportunities, be sure to connect with the school district(s) to learn the hiring process.
Professional education organizations in Oregon
- OEA - Oregon Education Association
- OETC - Organization for Educational Technology & Curriculum
- COFLT - Confederation in Oregon For Language Teaching
Want to teach in another state?
To help support the decision to move to another state, the GSE has collected information about K-12 teaching opportunities across the country. If a particular state does not centralize job announcements, you will see a list of the school districts within the state. It is important to get in touch with the licensing agency - the 'Oregon TSPC' of that state. You will need to get licensed in the other state, and this agency can help you determine what you need to do to get the appropriate license. It could vary from state to state, so be sure to research the state requirements.
Resources for finding a job in another state
- List of state licensing offices
- For more information about a state's educational offerings, you can go to the Council of Chief State School Officers for information on educational policy and legislation in the US.
- To learn more about reciprocity between states, see the National Association of State Directors Teacher Education and Certification.
- Click on individual states below to find out about teaching opportunities in that state:
Websites to search for jobs in other states
- Education America
- Directory of Resources for Teaching Jobs
- Private School Employment Opportunities
- Former Military Personnel: Troops to Teachers
- Employment Opportunities in Education
Interested in teaching overseas?
Many MAT graduates take the opportunity to teach in a countries outside the United States. Currently, Willamette alums are teaching in China, France, Taiwan, Japan, Hungary...just to name a few. Teaching overseas is a wonderful opportunity to experience a new culture and expand teaching experiences. Check out these websites to learn more about the process of becoming a teacher in a foreign country.