Additional Financial Aid Resources
Your search for financial assistance should not be limited to Willamette. Many other organizations provide aid to law students.
Oregon Student Assistance Commission
Although Willamette University is a private, independent university, an Oregon resident attending the College of Law may be eligible for a number of private scholarships administered by the Oregon Student Assistance Commission (OSAC). Applications for these scholarships are usually available from OSAC in the year preceding enrollment in law school. For more information, contact the OSAC toll free in Oregon at 800-452-8807.
Oregon State Bar
The Oregon State Bar Diversity & Inclusion Department provides opportunities for minority and disadvantaged students attending Oregon law schools. Contact the Oregon State Bar at 503-431-6338 for more information.
There are numerous scholarship search databases accessible through the Internet. The Smart Student Guide to Financial Aid, available through www.finaid.org, offers links to several scholarship search databases. You also will find excellent information on the aid process, descriptions of various loan programs, loan calculators for estimating repayment and budget worksheets.
The following web sites provide useful information:
- www.edfund.org (debt management and budgeting)
- www.fool.com (budget information, credit card rates, etc.)
- www.myfico.com (obtain your credit score)
- www.osac.state.or.us (Oregon student scholarship links)
- "Paying for Law School" www.lsac.org/jd/finance/financial-aid-video-paying.asp (LSAC video presentation on funding law school)