The Office of Student Affairs (OSA) provides comprehensive support for law students. This office is where students conduct most of their daily business -- turning in Legal Research and Writing assignments, registering for classes, scheduling rooms for student organization events, and rescheduling examinations -- just to name a few. The OSA also oversees registration for law courses, administering examinations, and Commencement in the spring.
The 1L Orientation will take place from Wednesday - Friday, August 19-21, 2015. Welcome new students!
Please allow 2-4 business days for processing and delivery of parking permits to the OSA. You may use RM 202 as the "law box" number in the online application. You will receive an email with a temporary permit that you may print and place on your dash until your permanent permit arrives.
Beginning of Semester Reminders
- First assignments and/or syllabi may be located in one of three places depending on what the professor utilizes:
- Willamette has launched a new website and we ask for your patience while we're still working out some of the links and kinks.
- All locker contents have been cleared out. Please pick up your contents in the OSA by Friday, August 28. Any unclaimed items will either be donated to the Salvation Army or text books to WUPILP. Lockers are automatically assigned every Fall semester to incoming 1L students ONLY. All returning students can sign up for a locker during the first two weeks of classes. We do not assign lockers early for returning students.
Summer 2015 Grades & Transcripts
- Grades for Summer session #1 are due on Monday, July 27th. The ETA for online viewing is Friday, July 31st.
- Grades for Summer session #2 are due on Monday, August 31st. The ETA for online viewing is Friday, September 4th.
- Transcripts will not be available for summer courses until the week of September 8th.
Fall 2015 Registration
- Mon, April 13 - Fri, August 21, 2015. Web registration will remain open for students to make adjustments to their schedules over the summer until 4:00 p.m. on Friday, August 21, 2015. Any changes to registration after this date and time must be made in person with an Add/Drop form at the OSA.
Class Attendance Tracking
The attendance tracking in JASON is recorded weekly as we receive attendance sheets from the faculty; however, it is ultimately the student's responsibility to track attendance, as reporting in JASON may not always be up to date.
If you find a discrepancy in the records (for example, if you were marked absent on a day that you were in class), email or contact the professor to ask them to notify the OSA to correct the attendance date in question. We can only make a correction if the request is from the Professor. If you know you were absent on a certain date, but JASON doesn't reflect it, please contact either the professor or the OSA to see if the attendance sheets have been turned in for the class in question.
OSA Notary Policy Change
Effective July 1, 2013, the OSA notary services are limited to WUCL students and graduates for purposes of application to state bar examinations.