The Office of Student Affairs (OSA) provides comprehensive support for law students. This office is where students conduct most of their daily business -- turning in Legal Research and Writing assignments, registering for classes, scheduling rooms for student organization events, and rescheduling examinations -- just to name a few. The OSA also oversees registration for law courses, administering examinations, and Commencement in the spring.
Fall SBA Class Elections
- The petitions for the Fall SBA class elections are available at the OSA on Tuesday, September 8th. They are due on Friday, September 11th at 4:00 p.m.
- Campaigning will run from Monday-Friday, September 14-18th.
- Election day is Monday, September 21st.
The 1L Orientation will take place from Wednesday - Friday, August 19-21, 2015. Welcome new students!
Please allow 2-4 business days for processing and delivery of parking permits to the OSA. You may use RM 202 as the "law box" number in the online application. You will receive an email with a temporary permit that you may print and place on your dash until your permanent permit arrives.
Beginning of Semester Reminders
- First assignments and/or syllabi may be located in one of three places depending on what the professor utilizes:
- Willamette has launched a new website and we ask for your patience while we're still working out some of the links and kinks.
Class Attendance Tracking
The attendance tracking in JASON is recorded weekly as we receive attendance sheets from the faculty; however, it is ultimately the student's responsibility to track attendance, as reporting in JASON may not always be up to date.
If you find a discrepancy in the records (for example, if you were marked absent on a day that you were in class), email or contact the professor to ask them to notify the OSA to correct the attendance date in question. We can only make a correction if the request is from the Professor. If you know you were absent on a certain date, but JASON doesn't reflect it, please contact either the professor or the OSA to see if the attendance sheets have been turned in for the class in question.
OSA Notary Policy Change
Effective July 1, 2013, the OSA notary services are limited to WUCL students and graduates for purposes of application to state bar examinations.