After you have...
- determined your carrel preferences and
- confirmed them with your law student carrel partner
Go to the email Lottery Form.
(Note: Be sure your partner agrees. The computer only allows each name to be submitted ONE TIME.)
(Strongly Suggested: 2L's - wait until 3L drawing is complete and then check availability chart before submitting lottery form; 1L's - wait until 2L drawing is complete.)
- Application: Beginning Friday, August 18, 2017, students may designate on the carrel Lottery form the name of their law student carrel partner and their first 4 carrel preferences. Consult the carrel floor plan. (See Hints and schedule below.) Partners must be designated. If you do not specify a partner, an available carrel and partner (if necessary) will be assigned to you at the completion of the 1L lottery drawing on Thursday, August 24.
- Accommodating Disabilities: Special requests will be addressed for specific disabilities requiring accommodation on a case-by-case basis. Submit requests to the Library Director by 5:00 p.m. Monday, August 21, 2017.
- Completed lottery forms will be emailed to lottery administrator. (Note: If a 3L chooses to share with a 2L or 1L, both names will go in the 3L lottery drawing. Likewise, if a 2L chooses to share with a 1L, both names go in the 2L drawing.)
- Lottery forms will be drawn according to the schedule below. If none of the indicated choices are available, a carrel will be assigned as close as possible to the choices.
- 3L lottery drawing begins Tuesday, August 22, 2017 at 1:00 p.m. and will continue until 4:00 p.m. Pick up carrel permit at the front desk at 4:00.
- 2L lottery drawing begins Wednesday, August 23, 2017 at 8:00 a.m. and will continue until 11:00 a.m. Pick up carrel permit at the front desk at 11:00.
- 1L lottery drawing begins Wednesday, August 23, 2017 at 1:00 p.m. and will continue until 4:00 p.m. Pick up carrel permit at the front desk at 4:00.
- On Thursday, August 24, 2017 any remaining lottery requestors with no partners specified will be assigned a carrel and partner (if necessary). Carrels will be selected from those left unassigned.
- No carrels will be randomly assigned without a request form.
- Carrel availability will be posted on this website as the lottery drawings progress. Check before choosing.
- Carrel permits are to be picked up at the Circulation Desk by 4:00 the day of your drawing and must be posted on the assigned carrel.
- 2L students - Wait to put your name in the drawing until after 4:00 on Tuesday, August 22. Then check the lottery availability page to make sure the carrel you want is still available. That way you don't waste your selection.
- 1L students - Do decide to apply for a carrel - you may think you don't need one, but you will want one eventually....somewhere to spread out your books, use your laptop, etc. It is highly suggested you wait until after 11:00 on Wednesday, August 23 to complete your lottery form and check the availability page first. That way you don't waste your selection on a spot already taken.
- Feel free to see Elaine in Room 249 for any help or hints. email@example.com