Your Fall Semester Schedule of Classes
We have registered you for your courses for fall semester. You can view your schedule at https://secure.willamette.edu/services/admin.cgi/gradereport . In most cases, we cannot adjust your schedule. If you have questions, email Judy O'Neill at email@example.com.
Compass Week 2013 - August 13th through August 16th
Watch your email for an important email from Desiree Vorhees about Compass Week. It will give you all the scoop about Compass Week and access to the full Compass Week Schedule.
Compass Week runs from August 13th through August 16th. Compass Week is required for all new students and will include important academic, professional and social activities. Different events and activities require different clothing. To help you plan your packing needs, here is your guide to appropriate dress for the activities of Compass Week.
|Tuesday, August 13th - Starts at 4:00 pm||Casual|
|Wednesday, August 14th - Getting to know WU MBA and your PACE Clients||Business formal*|
|Thursday, August 15th - It's all about career management||Business casual*|
|Friday, August 16th - Team work and leadership experiences||Athletic clothes and tennis shoes*|
*Business formal attire typically means a jacket for both men and women. A tie for men, button down shirt, matching slacks and dress shoes. For women, business attire would typically mean a skirt or slacks, jacket, button down shirt or shell with clear or solid color nylons and close toed shoes.
Business casual typically means men and women can leave the jacket, tie and nylons at home. Men can wear polo or golf shirts and slacks. Women can wear slacks or skirt and a professional looking shirt. Everyone should avoid sweat suits, jeans, t-shirts, tennis shoes and flip-flops.
Athletic wear means sports clothing means (no jeans) with tennis shoes and comfortable, loose clothing for physical activity (to your level of comfort)
International and Exchange Students Must Attend International Orientation on August 13th, 8:45 a.m to 3:50 p.m..
All international and exchange students (who are not U.S. citizens) must attend a required Willamette University International Orientation session on August 13th from (8:45 a.m. to 3:50 p.m.) in Montag Den. International Orientation will be all finished before we start Compass Week at 4:00 p.m... Bring your passport, visa, I-94 (little white card you will be given when you enter the U.S.) and your immigration form (I-20 if you are on a F1 student visa; DS-2019 if you are on a J1 student visa). Also bring the documents of your dependents, if you have dependents. Dress is casual. Photos will be taken. Chris will be emailing you additional information. Email Chris Andresen at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions.
Join Us for "Living and Learning in Salem" Presession - Friday, August 9th
Pre-session is an optional program designed to help new students become familiar with the Salem area. However, all new students are welcome to come and participate, even if you lived in Salem all of your life! The event will be held on Friday, August 9th th from 9:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m., with lunch following. RSVP online at http://bit.ly/SalemOrientation It will be a fun morning! Email Aimee at email@example.com if you have questions. Activities include:
* Networking Opportunities
* Introduction to the Atkinson Community
* What to Expect as an MBA Student
* Tour of Campus and Salem Area
* Picnic Lunch
Reminders -- Administrative Do List!!!!
1. Order Your Name Tag. Let us know how you would like your name to appear on your professional name tag and other name tags we use at the Atkinson School. Please complete this from right away.
2. Pronounce Your First and Last Name on Judy O'Neill's Voice Mail. At Atkinson, we like to be sure that your name is pronounced correctly. Every fall semester we make a short recording of each new student pronouncing their first and last name so everyone can hear the correct pronunciation. Please call Judy's voice mail at 503-375-5310 at anytime on a Saturday or Sunday, or after 5:00 p.m.. on a weekday. When you get to the voice mail, say this: "My name is ____ and my ID number is _____." Then pronounce your first name and last name, slowly, three times. For example, if Judy was making the call she would say, "My name is Judy O'Neill and my ID number is 000000. Judy O'Neill, Judy O'Neill, Judy O'Neill." Please make this call and leave your message before August 12th.
3. Complete and Submit your Health History Form. The State of Oregon requires all students to submit a Health History with dates of vaccinations that are required in Oregon. For information please see Health History Information. Complete the required Health History and return it to the Atkinson School or Bishop Wellness Center by August 1. If you cannot do it by August 1st, bring it to school and give it to us on your arrival. Students who have not provided a Health History form cannot attend their classes when classes start. Let us know if you have questions.
4. Complete The Emergency Contact Form. Please complete the Emergency Contact Forms at http://agsm.willamette.edu/agsm/contactinfo/ Completing this form helps us help you in an emergency. When you complete the form and click submit, you will be asked to click on a second link to complete a 2nd form. Both of these forms are very important, so be sure to complete and submit both forms. The first one is for the Atkinson School and the second is for the University. If you do not know your local address yet, complete what you can now, submit the forms, and then go back later and add in your address. If you do not know your local address yet, complete what you can now, submit the forms, and then go back later and add in your address.
5. Check out the billing process, access to your electronic billing statement, and information about health insurance waivers in the letter you received via email from Jon Anderson, Controller.