Class of 2015 Spring Checklist
1. Complete our Career Management Survey for January 2015 - https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/wumbacareer
NOTE: This will help us improve our programming.
2. Update your profile (areas of interest) and employment status on MBA Focus. It is on your dashboard. We need to know if you are seeking work this summer, not seeking etc. We don't want to bug you if you already have a job or plan to take the summer off. We also want to be sending you relevant information so, update your profile as well, specifically your 'areas of interest'.
3. Make an appointment with Maralynn or Beth to update us on your job search and fill us in on how we can help.
4. Update your list of companies that you’ve connected with already and the list of companies on your wish list. Bring this to a meeting with your advisor.
5. Start a list of 100 people that you know. Reconnect with each one and let them know you’re looking for work. Remember, you should reach out to at least 2 people per company of interest. Statistics show that you will need to meet with 20-30 hiring managers to secure a job.
6. Attend the following upcoming events – Register on MBA Focus
- Friday, Jan 30 - Professional Communication Workshop with with Professor Sukhsimranjit Singh
- Wednesday, Feb 4: Career Toolkit Workshop, Career Shift (Great for finding openings within a specific geography)
- Wednesday, Feb 11: Employer Spotlight with DMA Holdings, The CEO will be joining us and they are hiring
- Friday, Feb 13 - Professional Communication Excel with Sean Farmer
- Friday, February 13 - Mentorship Spring Luncheon in Portland
- Friday, February 13 - DA Davidson Trek with AFA
- Wednesday, February 18 - Career Toolkit: Salary Negotiations
- Friday, February 20 - Portland Trek
7. Reconnect with your mentor (if you have one). Join us for the spring connection lunch on February 13 in Portland. Register on MBA Focus.
8. Set up informationals with alumni (ask Beth/Maralynn for connections on Linked-In). Mention in your email to us why you want to connect with a particular person)
9. Review the Career GPS Tab on our website. http://www.willamette.edu/mba/career_management/students/gps/index.html
10. Look at Jobs on MBA Focus and apply. We’ve had several come in since the beginning of 2015 and continue to get more every week. When you do an 'advanced search' for jobs, check 'save it as an agent' and it will email you daily or weekly with new openings that meet your criteria.
11. Update your linked-in profile (employers ARE looking!)
12. Become an Expert in your area of interest by reading online and talking to experts. Be the one they want to hire because YOU have the information they want.
13. Let us know when you secure a job and update your information on MBAFocus.