The Marketing area of interest develops the understanding and skills necessary to manage the process by which individuals and organizations obtain what they need and want through the exchange of ideas, products or services.
Students interested in marketing benefit from outstanding teaching and courses in marketing communications, research, strategy and product design (including the rapid prototype lab) that earned Willamette recognition from Princeton Review as “one of the 15 best programs” in the U.S. for preparing students for careers in marketing. Students also benefit from the professional, leadership and networking opportunities available through our student chapter of the American Marketing Association.
Job titles of alumni in marketing careers include director of marketing, public relations manager, account executive, marketing analyst, marketing research manager, e-business marketing manager, consultant, sales and marketing manager, product manager, and vice president.
The elective courses listed in the column to the right are recommended for students interested in Marketing. Students may select courses from the list and from other areas of interest to build a customized individual program that meets their specific goals.
Elective courses in each area of interest are offered every year. It is possible that a specific course may not be offered in a given year and that previous courses will be replaced by new courses. Current and recent course schedules are available at http://www.willamette.edu/mba/for_students/full_time/course_schedules/index.html
Recommended Elective Courses
Students may select courses from the list and from other areas of interest to build a customized individual program that meets their specific goals.
- GSM 6216 - Business and Economic Forecasting
- GSM 6217 - Strategic Applications of Quantitative and Information Tools
- GSM 6219 - Spreadsheet Modeling for Managerial Decision Making (previous title: Management Science)
- GSM 6231 - Strategic Marketing for Nonprofit Organizations
- GSM 6241 - Industry Analysis
- GSM 6243 - Sales Force Management
- GSM 6249 - Project Management
- GSM 6260 - Research for Marketing Decisions (Highly Recommended)
- GSM 6261 - Marketing Strategy (Highly Recommended)
- GSM 6262 - Integrated Marketing Communications (Highly Recommended)
- GSM 6267 - Design Thinking
- GSM 6269 - Value Chain Management
- GSM 6272 - Data Sciences for Strategic Applications
- GSM 7251 - Internship