Willamette University MBA places a high priority on the professional development of our students and offers a complete program of career management and student professional organizations to complement the rigorous academic and experiential nature of the program.
From self assessment ... to leading ... to networking ... to interviewing and negotiating for salaries, students get started with their career development right away. In fact, the career management program begins as part of the first-semester course Practical Application for Careers and Enterprises (PACE I).
Through active participation in career management programming MBA students learn to identify their career options, refine their career goals, develop search skills and prepare for their internships and career positions. All the way, career management staff, faculty, peer advisors, mentors and alumni are there to support their professional development.
To learn more about the Willamette MBA Career Management program visit our student Career Management site.
Career management services include a variety of activities.
- Career Counseling
- Career Fairs
- Employment Recruitment & Referral
- Company Site Visits
- Company Information Sessions
- Employer and Industry Research Databases
- Power Lunches
- Internship Program (up to 3 semesters of internship opportunities!)
- Interview Training
- Job Search Skills
- Mentorship Program
- On- and Off-Campus Interviewing and Recruiting
- On-line Job Postings and Resources
- On-line Resume Database for Employers
- Pacific Northwest MBA Career Network
- Peer Career Advisors
- Student Chapters of National and International Professional Organizations
- Resume Writing
- Salary Negotiation
- Self Assessment
- Social Networking
- Information Interviews
The Willamette MBA:
- Bloomberg Businessweek Top Business School for 2014
- Forbes Magazine top 75 "Best Business School" for Return on Investment
- Provides students with client based consulting projects and internships
- Offers up to three semesters of internship experience
- 81% received an offer within in three months of graduation
- 76% accepted a job within three months of graduation