The Operations, Analysis and Systems area of interest builds skills in analyzing and innovating the internal and external processes of an organization. A sample of topics includes: forecasting, management science, statistical data analysis, statistical models, supply chain management, systems analysis, electronic commerce and project management. Graduates with these skills are prepared for careers as consultants, business analysts, marketing analysts, financial analysts, operations analysts, systems analysts, and other positions that require a balance of technical and soft skills.
Willamette students interested in this area of interest learn a variety of analytical and decision making tools including use of SAP. Recent clients served through class projects include Expedia and Boyd's Coffee. Students interested in Project Management also benefit from the professional, leadership and networking opportunities available through participation in the Atkinson chapter of the Project Management Institute.
The elective courses listed in the right column are recommended for students interested in Operations, Analysis and Systems. Students may select courses from the list and from other areas of interest to build a customized individual program that meets their specific goals.
Elective courses in each area of interest are offered every year. It is possible that a specific course may not be offered in a given year and that previous courses will be replaced by new courses.
Recommended Elective Courses
- GSM 6001 - Enterprise Data Management
- GSM 6216 - Business and Economic Forecasting
- GSM 6217 - Strategic Applications of Quantitative and Information Tools
- GSM 6219 - Spreadsheet Modeling for Managerial Decision Making (previous title: Management Science)
- GSM 6221 - Integrated Business Planning
- GSM 6235 - Operations Management
- GSM 6244 - Enterprise and Architecture Management
- GSM 6245 - Seminar in Management Controls
- GSM 6249 - Project Management
- GSM 6260 - Research for Marketing Decisions
- GSM 6269 - Value Chain Management
- GSM 6272 - Data Sciences for Strategic Applications
- GSM 6275 - Supply Chain Modeling and Optimization
- GSM 7251 - Internship