The Accelerated MBA is a fast-track waiver-based option of the Willamette MBA program that prepares students for career change or advancement. Admission to the accelerated program is limited to students who meet all of the requirements listed below.
Accelerated students can generally complete the MBA degree in nine to fifteen months of full-time study. They focus their studies in the elective and second year MBA curriculum. These courses provide in-depth knowledge and expertise, hands-on experience and the opportunity to pursue individual career goals.
Willamette's Accelerated MBA is a highly customized educational experience. MBA curricular requirements are individualized and based on the courses completed and grades earned in the qualifying AACSB accredited bachelor degree, or AACSB or NASPAA accredited masters program.
Applicants for the Accelerated MBA must meet all regular admission requirements of the Willamette MBA program, and all of the following:
1. Completed an eligible bachelor or masters program within seven years of entering the Willamette MBA program. Eligible programs include:
- a bachelor degree in business accredited by AACSB,
- the first year of an MBA program accredited by AACSB,
- the first year of an MPA or MPP program accredited by NASPAA,
- an MS or MM degree in business (accounting, finance, management, marketing, human resources, etc.) from a program accredited by AACSB.
2. Earned a minimum cumulative gpa of 3.2 in the qualifying bachelor degree program, or a 3.0 in the qualifying masters program. In addition, a grade of "B" or better is required in each course evaluated for the accelerated program.
3. Completed at least two years of full-time professional work experience with management or functional responsibilities, following completion of the bachelor degree.