View longer excerpts from each participant on our testimonials page.
The Leadership for Attorneys in Business program is designed for associate and general counsels as well as specialists who apply their legal expertise to help companies achieve their objectives. Participants learn to be trusted advisers and organizational leaders by understanding and thinking about business issues the way business decision-makers do.
A Valuable Learning Experience
Participants will increase their value, productivity and effectiveness to their organizations by learning to:
- Understand, articulate and implement the "big-picture" role of in-house counsel.
- Frame legal advice to enable business strategy.
- Understand the impact of legal advice on financial results and of accounting information on legal risks.
- Communicate, negotiate and resolve conflict to build consensus inside and outside the organization.
- Create a personal leadership development plan to leverage strengths and achieve goals.
Who Should Attend?
Associate and general counsels who lack experience in business or who are learning to apply their legal expertise to serve business objectives.
General counsels who manage an office and serve on the executive team.
Legal specialists who aspire to become generalists or who want their legal advice to be seen as adding value.
A Dynamic Program
Taught by faculty at the Atkinson Graduate School of Management who are experienced in business and leadership training, the 4 day long program is highly interactive and individualized. It has historically been approved for 24 Oregon CLEs (18 general and 6 practice skills) and 23.5 Washington CLEs.
Participants receive one follow-up professional coaching session as part of the program registration fee, and additional coaching is available.