The Willamette University Bulletin is the university community’s comprehensive and official source for Willamette news, announcements and events.
The bulletin is a one-stop shop to easily find and share information about Willamette’s people, programs and events.
The bulletin includes two editions sent to everyone with a university email address.
- Today@Willamette — This daily edition arrives in the early morning every day and features Willamette community members’ submissions in two sections: Things to Know and Things to Do.
- The Willamette University Bulletin — This weekly edition arrives Wednesday afternoons and includes news and updates from campus leadership and University Communications, featured events and announcements, information about employee transitions, and links to stories about Bearcats featured in the news media.
(Summer 2019 schedule: May 8 through mid-August, Today@Willamette is on hiatus. Community members’ submitted announcements will be included in the Wednesday weekly bulletin. Submissions are due at 2 p.m. on Tuesday. On the submission form, please select the Wednesday you would like your announcement to appear. Thank you.)
Deadline 2 p.m.
Submissions received by 2 p.m. on Monday through Thursday will appear in the next morning’s Today@Willamette. Friday, submissions made before 2 p.m. will be published Monday. Announcements submitted over the weekend will appear in the Tuesday edition.
Sections populated by your submissions
- Things to Know — This section features announcements submitted by students, faculty and staff that are meant for the larger Willamette community including recognitions, publications and honors; updates from departments, offices and campus partners; student organizations’ news; information regarding employee transitions; tickets going on sale; RSVPs; and more. Departments and offices will have the option to tag these announcements, so they appear on their webpages’ story feeds. These announcements will be curated to exclude events, which will be featured in the “Things to do” section.
- Things to Do — Find out what events are happening on campus in the next 48 hours. This section only features events that have been submitted to the university’s events calendar. Please use these best practices and instructions when using the calendar.
The Willamette University Bulletin
- Featured Events — University Communications will highlight a few upcoming events. All events submitted to the university calendar with photos or graphics will be considered.
- Featured Announcements — Some announcements from the daily may also be featured in the weekly. University Communications will select them based on criteria such as timing, newsworthiness and level of interest for the larger Willamette community.
- Comings, Goings and Transitions — Supervisors are welcome to share updates about new faculty and staff and about colleagues making transitions. This is the place for information regarding interim staffing plans and details about farewell or retirement parties. These updates will be featured in Today@Willamette as they are submitted and reposted in list form in the weekly edition.
Questions, resources and feedback
Please, consider these frequently asked questions before contacting the bulletin editor.
Bulletin questions and feedback
Direct questions to Tom Mayhall Rastrelli, director of digital communications and bulletin editor at email@example.com.
If you have questions about the events calendar, there is help on the website. If the online documentation doesn’t answer your questions, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
For announcements regarding items for a very specific audience, please use Willamette Switchboard rather than the bulletin. Moderated by the Alumni Office, this Craigslist-like forum allows students, employees, parents, alumni and friends of the university to “ask for what you need” and “offer what you have.” If you’re selling items, looking to network with alumni about jobs, seeking roommates and the like, try Switchboard.