Welcome to the new Willamette University Bulletin, your comprehensive and official source for Willamette University news, announcements and events.
The bulletin is a one-stop shop to easily find and share information about Willamette’s people, programs and events.
Formerly known as the Bearcat Bulletin, the new bulletin includes two editions sent to everyone with a university email address.
- Today@Willamette — This daily edition arrives in the early morning every day and features Willamette community members’ submissions in two sections: Things to Know and Things to Do.
- The Willamette University Bulletin — This weekly edition arrives Wednesday afternoons and includes news and updates from campus leadership and University Communications, featured events and announcements, information about employee transitions, and links to stories about Bearcats featured in the news media.
Submissions received by 2 p.m. on Monday through Friday will appear in the next morning’s Today@Willamette. Friday submissions will be published Monday, since the daily bulletin only features events on weekends. Announcements submitted over the weekend will appear in the Tuesday edition. Submissions are curated by University Communications.
Sections populated by your submissions
- Things to Know — This section features announcements submitted by students, faculty and staff that are meant for the larger Willamette community including recognitions, publications and honors; updates from departments, offices and campus partners; student organizations’ news; information regarding employee transitions; tickets going on sale; RSVPs; and more. Departments and offices will have the option to tag these announcements, so they appear on their webpages’ story feeds. These announcements will be curated to exclude events, which will be featured in the “Things to do” section.
- Things to Do — Find out what events are happening on campus in the next 48 hours. This section only features events that have been submitted to the university’s events calendar. Please use these best practices and instructions when using the calendar.
The Willamette University Bulletin
- Featured Events — University Communications will highlight a few upcoming events. All events submitted to the university calendar with photos or graphics will be considered.
- Featured Announcements — Some announcements from the daily may also be featured in the weekly. University Communications will select them based on criteria such as timing, newsworthiness and level of interest for the larger Willamette community.
- Comings, Goings and Transitions — Supervisors are welcome to share updates about new faculty and staff and about colleagues making transitions. This is the place for information regarding interim staffing plans and details about farewell or retirement parties. These updates will be featured in Today@Willamette as they are submitted and reposted in list form in the weekly edition.
Questions, resources and feedback
FAQs (coming soon)
Please, consider these frequently asked questions before contacting the bulletin editor.
Bulletin questions and feedback
For announcements regarding items for a very specific audience, please use Willamette Switchboard rather than the bulletin. Moderated by the Alumni Office, this Craigslist-like forum allows students, employees, parents, alumni and friends of the university to “ask for what you need” and “offer what you have.” If you’re selling items, looking to network with alumni about jobs, seeking roommates and the like, try Switchboard.