Jump Start Leaders
Opening Days Leaders
Housing and Community Life Mentors
Housing and Community Life Special Projects Interns
Thank you for your interest in a 2016 student leadership staff position. Please review the job descriptions and application, reading through all information carefully. Listed below is important information regarding the application process.
- Your application is due online no later than 11:59 p.m. on Friday, January 29, 2016.
- Before you begin, please have the following information, as it is required to complete the application:
- Names and email addresses of two professional references. (If you are applying to be a Community Mentor, it is strongly encouraged one of your references be your current or former CM.)
- Resume (Accepted file types are: Word, PDF, text.)
- Cover Letter (if you are applying to be a Community Mentor)
- All applicants must have a 2.5 cumulative GPA to apply for these positions.
- Give your references plenty of time to complete and submit them online by the January 29th deadline.
- The references should be completed by a Willamette faculty/staff member (e.g., athletic coach, advisor, College Colloquium professor), an employment supervisor (if you have a job on campus) or your Community Mentor (if you live on-campus). Each of the three positions require two completed references.
- Note: It is never acceptable to have a friend complete a reference form, even if they have also served in a supervisory role.
- If hired, students must attend training sessions outlined on the job description.
- You may only serve in one of these three leadership positions (JS, OD, HCL) at a time. You may, however, apply for more than one position.
- If you are on the football, volleyball, or soccer teams, you may not apply to be a(n) Jump Start or Opening Days leader.