- The Community Service Learning Coordinators support the work of the Office of Community Service Learning, raise awareness of social justice issues, provide opportunities to address these issues through service in the community, and foster a cooperative spirit between Willamette and the surrounding community.
- The Take a Break Program Director works with the TaB Program Advisor to supervise and support the work and efforts of the coordinators, trip facilitators, participants, and trip advisors. The Program Director serves as a liaison between the overall TaB Community and the Program Advisor. The Program Director is ultimately responsible for the TaB program and the safety and success of the TaB trips.
- The Take a Break Coordinators work directly with the TaB Program Director to support and manage the Take a Break program. Coordinators are responsible for managing the finances, fundraising, logistics, and publicity for the program.
- The Take a Break Trip Facilitators are responsible for creating and planning all aspects of a Take-a-Break trip. Facilitators are responsible for conceptualizing the trip, planning all trip logistics, communicating with service sites, facilitating pre-trip community meetings, leading discussions on group directed reading, and coordinating all aspects of the Take-a-Break trip. Typically each trip will have two trip facilitators who work collaboratively on all trip aspects.
- Leaders of this program will assist new students in doing community service in Salem and surrounding areas during the week -long Jump Start program in mid-August. The team of five will lead evening activities and reflection, encouraging students to bring meaning to their experiences and their role in the Salem community. Successful SSL leaders must enjoy doing service, facilitating reflection, engaging new students, and sharing their WU experiences.
- The coordinator will recruit tutor volunteers to meet in-class and after-school volunteer needs at Bush School Elementary. The responsibilities will include marketing, processing applications, scheduling volunteer hours, and facilitating trainings and meetings. The Program Coordinator needs to be available to meet with staff at Bush School Elementary during the day, occasionally observe the after-school program, and be accessible to tutors.
- The Assistant Coordinator will assists in the recruitment of volunteers to meet in-class and after-school volunteer needs at Bush Elementary School. The responsibilities include marketing, processing applications, scheduling volunteer hours, supervising the after-school program, and facilitating trainings and meetings for volunteers. The Assistant Coordinator needs to be available to supervise the after-school program, meet occasionally with staff at Bush Elementary School during the day, and be accessible to tutors.
- The Community Service Learning (CSL) Intern provides program assistance to support the Office of Community Service Learning. This leadership position offers the experience of working to strengthen relationships between CSL leadership teams, serve as a resource to new staff, and to document program implementation. Finally, the Intern works as a vital part of the central staff, working on projects necessary to help the CSL reach its goals. The responsibilities of the Community Service Learning Intern can be tailored to meet the individual interests of the student.