Should you be job hunting during the holiday season?
Yes, we would definitely recommend this!
Here are a couple of reasons
Networking during the Holidays
I'm going to be seeing some of my parents friends over the holidays. I know that they'd be good contacts for jobs after I graduate. How do I approach this with them? Most of them have known me for several years but probably don't see me as a real professional candidate. Read more HERE.
LinkedIn Advice from Beth Ursin, Assistant Dean and Director of MBA Career Management.
6 Steps to LinkedIn Success for College Students
From the Savvy Intern Click HERE
50 Best Internships for 2016.
This past summer, Vault surveyed more than 5,800 interns at 102 different intern programs. We asked current and former interns to rate and review their internships in five areas: the application process, compensation and perks, quality of life, meaningfulness of assignments and training, and full-time employment prospects. Vault also asked interns which employers have the most prestigious internships. http://www.vault.com/blog/job-search/50-best-internships
How to Follow Up on Your Job Application
Jobs and internships
Jobs and internships are posted on JobCat. First time users must register. Click HERE
Here are some recent postings:
- 20952-Sustainable Careers Intern, WU Sustainable Careers, Paid, Part-Time
- 20919-Hallie Ford Museum intern, WU Hallie Ford Museum of Art, Part-Time, Unpaid
- 20910- Sport Club Coordinator, WU Campus Recreation, Paid, Part-Time
- 20901-Tiger Club Leadership Positions, WU Office of Community Service Learning, Paid, Part-Time, Stipend
- 20220-Federal Work Study Tutors, Judson Middle School, Paid, Part-Time
- 20962 -Behavior Therapist (ABA), Center for Autism and Related Disorders (CARD), Part-time paid Salem Flexible Schedule
- 20904-Interpretive Park Ranger Internship- BLM - Yaquina Head Outstanding Natural Area, Stipend
- 20925-Space Camp Counselor, U. S. Space & Rocket Center, Internships, Part-Time, Paid
- 20903-Environmental Educator Internship, BLM - Yaquina Head Outstanding Natural Area, Stipend
- 20898-Change the World @ The U.S. Dept of Energy - Pacific Northwest National Laboratory, Full-Time, and Part-time positions
- 20894- Government Relations Intern, Pac/West Communications, Full-Time and Part-time, Internships, Stipend
- 20886-Department of Homeland Security (DHS) Summer Research Opportunities, ORAU, Internship
- 20892- Legislative Intern to begin January 2016, Oregon House Republican Office, Unpaid
Are you graduating? Want to be a Substitute Teacher in the Willamette Valley?
Due to the shortage of licensed subs in Oregon, Teacher Standards and Practices Commission - TSPC is allowing those with Bachelor’s degrees to obtain Sub Licenses. You can without being a Licensed Substitute
Check out details at www.wesd.org and sign up for the Willamette Education Service District Job Fair @ subservices.cascadetech.org.
At the job fair, candidates will also have the opportunity to meet with TSPC staff to answer any questions they may have about the licensure requirements and process. All candidates will be interviewed by an Administrator at the event and asked a series of questions relating to their experience working with children, and interest in the teaching profession. Candidates who successfully apply, interview, and complete all TSPC requirements for licensure will be eligible to be sponsored by Willamette ESD for their Restricted Substitute License.
Another Job Resource
WeHireAmerica.jobs is a service of HR Policy Foundation and DirectEmployers Association. These two non-profit organizations are providing this free resource to help educators, policy makers and job seekers understand the great employment opportunities available here in the U.S. at some of America's biggest and best companies.
See event listings
Questions or Feedback
Willamette Career Center
Matthews Hall, 1st floor
To opt out
- Edit your Mailgroups
- Check the box labeled "Leave group?" next to CareerTalk in your directory of mail groups.
- Click the "Submit Changes" button.