Portland Idealist Grad School Fair – 70+ Schools Represented
Location: Tiffany Center, Crystal Ballroom Date: 10/12/2015 5:00 – 8:00 pm
Description: Want to change the world? There's a degree for that!
At the Idealist Grad Fair, you can:
- Learn about admissions requirements and application deadlines for graduate programs in social work, public policy, nonprofit management, international affairs, public interest law, social entrepreneurship, and many more
- Speak with graduate admissions advisors from local, national and international universities
The fair is free and open to anyone considering graduate school. Cost: Free
Click here for Event Website
FREE retreat for students to help them figure out their values, interests, and direction in life
Each Semester WU Career Center provides a FREE retreat for students to help them figure out their values, interests, and direction in life. If you want time to reflect on how your passions can match your vision of your future, then sign up for the Vocational Discernment Retreat!
Sign up here
Where: Lincoln City beach house
When: October 23-25th, 2015
Who: Students interested in reflecting about future directions, life purpose, and passions in life
What: Gain a clearer sense of who you have become and where you want to go in life
Cost: FREE! (With a $30 deposit to hold your spot, returned when retreat ends)
If you have ANY questions, visit the Career Center on the 1st Floor of Mathews, or email Max Kroner Dale <mkronerd>
You can also email Jeani bragg <jbragg> the director of Vocational Discernment.
This CFO’s key to success
Stop pursuing perfection. Read more here.
List of 140 $1 Billion companies
In the venture capital industry, a unicorn refers to any tech startup company that reaches a $1 billion dollar market value as determined by private or public investment. The term was originally coined by Aileen Lee, founder of Cowboy Ventures. Click HERE to see a list of 140 companies.
Jobs and internships
Jobs and internships are posted on JobCat. First time users must register. Click HERE
Here are current on-campus jobs:
- 20639 WU Student Kitchen Worker -- Food Services, WU Bon Appetit - Paid, Part-Time
- 20752 Campus Life Honors and Awards Committee Member, WU Student Activities - Part-Time, Unpaid, Volunteer
- 20753 Engaged Community Scholar, WU Office of Community Service Learning, Paid
- 18027 Assistant Front-of-House Manager, WU Theatre Department - Paid, Part-Time
- 20762 Office Clerk, WU College of Law Office of Student Affairs - Federal Work Study, Part-Time
- 20763 Student Fundraiser , WU – Telefund - Paid, Part-Time
- 20542 Translator, WU College of Law - Federal Work Study, Paid
- 20672 Clerical Assistant, Salem-Keizer Head Start - Federal Work Study, Part-Time
Internship opportunities with the Office of the New York State Attorney General.
- Division of Social Justice –Environmental Protection Bureau – Undergraduate & Graduate Student Science/Policy Internship – NYC . Click Here for more Info.
- Division of Social Justice –Environmental Protection Bureau – Undergraduate & Graduate Student Science/Policy Internship – Albany. Click HERE for more info.
Experience the Arts with a Paid Spring Internship at Wolf Trap!
Applications for Spring 2016 are due Nov 1.
Positions are paid, part-time (18-21 hours/week), and 12-weeks long.
Gain project-based training and experience.
Work with staff and other interns on meaningful projects as an integral part of the Wolf Trap team.
Interact with Wolf Trap board members, patrons, and business leaders.
Flexible start and end dates.
Housing is the responsibility of the intern.
Wolf Trap Foundation is accessible by public transit, though personal transportation is recommended.
Want an insider's view? Read A Day in the Life of a
Wolf Trap Intern.
Masters degree in Environmental Science, Environmental Management, Forestry and/or Forest Science.
We are excited to announce that the Yale School of Forestry & Environmental Studies will be visiting Portland on Wednesday, October 14, 2015 to host a Prospective Student Information Session. Pass along this message to students that may be interested in pursuing a Masters degree in Environmental Science, Environmental Management, Forestry and/or Forest Science.
Admissions Officers and alumni will be available to answer all questions about our programs, the admissions and financial aid process, and the Yale Community.
Location: Ecotrust, 721 NW 9th Ave, Portland, OR Time: 10/15/2015, from 6:00 – 8:00 PM
Visit the admission events website for more information about all of our upcoming events, and click here to RSVP for the Portland Information Session.
Yale F&ES Blog
See event listings
- How wizards tie their ties. Click here.
- 5 Ways You Can Find Success at Any Job, According to Dirty Jobs' Mike Rowe. Click HERE
- Jello Tennis – The Slow Mo Guys. Click here.
- Heartbreaking refugee stories from Humans of New York – Start on October 6th and work backwards
Questions or Feedback
Willamette Career Center
UC, 3rd floor
To opt out
- Edit your Mailgroups
- Check the box labeled "Leave group?" next to CareerTalk in your directory of mail groups.
- Click the "Submit Changes" button.