- I really need to fill this position, what can the career center do to help?
- Jobcat: How can I reactivate an expired position?
- Jobcat: My job posting has expired, can I still retrieve resumes?
- Jobcat: I can’t login to my Employer account.
- Where do I access the student evaluation forms, or other on-campus employer forms?
1. I really need to fill this position, what can the career center do to help?
First of all, we ensure the job posting is entered into our virtual job board, Jobcat, accessible to students 24/7. Then the job is printed and posted outside the Career Center on our part-time job board. Most students walking through the area will stop by and peruse the Part-Time board for any new or desired positions. If this is still not enough, your job posting could be included in the weekly Career Talk, our Career Center's news letter detailing work advice and a list of interesting jobs. To request that your job be included in Career Talk, send an email to email@example.com.
2. Jobcat: How can I reactivate an expired position?
To reactivate or 'unarchive' a job posting that has been expired, all you will need is to log-on to your employer account on Jobcat. Once there, click the 'Jobs' tab. At the bottom of the page you will see the button 'Add New'. Click the 'Add New' button to bring you up to the job-posting form.
At the top of the form you will see a drop-down menu, with a button to the right reading 'Show Archived'. Click the button.
Now, you will be able to scroll through each of your archived positions in the drop-down menu. Choose the position you would like to reactivate. Upon clicking the position, the form will be automatically completed with the same information as your archived job. Before you are able to submit the posting, you will be required to enter a deadline.
3. Jobcat: My job posting has expired, can I still retrieve resumes?
You will have access to resumes for 14 days after the expiration date. If after that allotted time, you still wish to access the resumes, please contact the Career Center.
To access the resumes within the deadline, log-in to your employer account on Jobcat. Click on the tab entitled 'Jobs'. Under the 'Jobs' tab you will see sub tabs; locate the 'Student Resumes' tab and click on it. From here, you can use the drop-down menu to access submitted resumes by position.
Caution: If you deactivate your job posting, you will lose all submitted resumes for that position. Prior to deactivation, ensure that you download the resumes for your records. If you have deactivated a job, but wish to retrieve resumes, please contact the Career Center for further assistance.
4. Jobcat: I can’t login to my Employer account.
First, check to ensure that you are in the proper portal. Look up to the top left-hand corner. The heading should read:
'Jobcat Employer', as illustrated in the picture to the above. If the heading does not read 'Employer', than exit from the tab, and navigate to the Career Center Website Employer/Recruiter page. Under 'Posting a Job', click the link to Jobcat. It will redirect you to the employer portal.
If you are at the correct portal and still unable to log-in, check to ensure that:
- You are using a Firefox browser (Jobcat does not work well when using Internet Explorer).
- Your username includes your entire email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Your password is case sensitive, and will require capitalized letters where needed.
- When you first register, it is important that you click the confirmation link in the first email, otherwise your account won't work. The second email with your username and password will be sent, regardless of whether or not you have confirmed the link.
Still having difficulties logging-in? It is possibly the internet cache storing your incorrect log-in information. Refresh the page and try logging in again. If after all of these steps, you still are unable to log-in, contact the Career Center for further assistance.
5. Where do I access the student evaluation forms, or other on-campus employer forms?
Any forms for on-campus employers can be found on the Career Center website under 'Recruiters/Employers'. Upon navigating to that page, scroll down to find the heading 'Willamette University On-Campus Employer Forms'. Each of the forms can be downloaded when clicking the desired links.