- I really need to fill this position, what can the career center do to help?
- JobCat: How can I reactivate an expired position?
- JobCat: My job posting has expired, can I still retrieve resumes?
- JobCat: I can’t login to my Employer account.
- Where do I access the student evaluation forms, or other on-campus employer forms?
1. I really need to fill this position, what can the career center do to help?
First of all, we ensure the job posting is entered into our virtual job board, JobCat, accessible to students 24/7. If you want more promotion, you could request that your job posting be included in the weekly Career Talk, our Career Center's news letter bringing work advice and a list of interesting jobs to our student body. To request that your job posting be included in Career Talk, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
2. JobCat: How can I reactivate an expired position?
To reactivate or 'unarchive' a job posting that has been expired, all you will need to do is log on to your employer account on JobCat. Once there, click the 'Jobs' tab. Then, a few more options will appear. To just view archived positions, click 'Archived Jobs.' However, if you want to reactivate a job, select 'Job Postings' and then click 'Post a Job.'
At the top of the job posting form you will see a drop-down menu with a button to the right reading 'Show Archived'. Click the button.
Now, you will be able to scroll through each of your archived positions in the drop-down menu. Choose the position you would like to reactivate. Upon clicking the position, the form will be automatically completed with the same information as your archived job. Before you are able to submit the posting, you will be required to enter a new posting date and deadline.
3. JobCat: My job posting has expired, can I still retrieve resumes?
You will have access to resumes for 14 days after the expiration date. If after that allotted time, you still wish to access the resumes, please contact the Career Center.
To access the resumes within the deadline, log in to your employer account on JobCat. Click on the tab entitled 'Jobs'. Under the 'Jobs' tab you will see sub tabs; locate the 'Student Resumes' tab and click on it. From here, you can use the drop-down menu to access submitted resumes by position.
Caution: If you deactivate your job posting, you will lose all submitted resumes for that position. Prior to deactivation, ensure that you download the resumes for your records. If you have deactivated a job, but wish to retrieve resumes, please contact the Career Center for further assistance.
4. JobCat: I can’t login to my Employer account.
First, make sure that you are in the proper portal. If you don't know, click the JobCat logo in the top left of the login window and you'll be taken to a page that says, "What kind of user are you?" with the options 'Student/Alumni' and 'Employer.' Choose 'Employer' and try logging in again.
If you are at the correct portal and still unable to log in, check to ensure that:
- Your username includes your entire email address: email@example.com
- You've entered your password correctly (passwords are case sensitive, so make sure that caps lock isn't on and you've capitalized any letters that are upper case in your password).
- When you first registered, you clicked the confirmation link in the first email. If you haven't done this, your account won't work. The second email with your username and password will be sent, regardless of whether or not you have confirmed the link.
Still having difficulties logging in? It is possible that the internet cache is storing your login information incorrectly. Refresh the page and try logging in again. If after all of these steps, you still are unable to log in, contact the Career Center for further assistance.
5. Where do I access the student evaluation forms, or other on-campus employer forms?
Any forms for on-campus employers can be found on the Career Center website under 'Recruiters/Employers'. Upon navigating to that page, scroll down to find the heading 'Willamette University On-Campus Employer Forms'. Each of the forms can be downloaded when clicking the desired links.