The Guaranteed Admission Program allows students to pursue both a liberal arts undergraduate major and postgraduate professional study in business, law or education. Graduates of the Willamette University College of Liberal Arts who meet specific requirements will be guaranteed admission to any of Willamette's three on-site graduate programs, giving them an opportunity to earn one or more of the following degrees:
- Master of Business Administration (MBA) from Willamette University's Atkinson Graduate School of Management
- Doctor of Jurisprudence (JD) from the Willamette University College of Law
This program is a byproduct of the relationship between Willamette University's College of Liberal Arts and each of its graduate programs. For more than a century, students have taken advantage of Willamette as both a highly ranked liberal arts undergraduate institution and a site of nationally recognized post-graduate study.
Requirements for the Guaranteed Admission Program
- Students must have completed their Bachelor of Arts (BA) degree at Willamette University.
- Students must have a cumulative Willamette undergraduate GPA of 3.4 or higher upon degree completion.
- Students must be of excellent character and have no disciplinary record during their enrollment at Willamette.
- Students must complete the regular application process and meet the deadlines for the graduate program to which they are applying.
- Students must meet all standard requirements for admission to the graduate program of their choice, with the following exceptions:
- An applicant to the Atkinson Graduate School of Management MBA program may seek guaranteed admission without taking the Graduate Management Aptitude Test (GMAT) or the Graduate Record Examination (GRE), but only if the applicant waives consideration for any Atkinson Graduate School of Management merit-based scholarship. If an applicant wishes to be considered for an institutional merit-based scholarship, then s/he must take the GMAT or the general GRE exam.
- Note: Applicants who take the GMAT or the general GRE are not guaranteed admission if the GMAT or GRE score is below the 50th percentile. Contact the MBA Admission Office at 1-866-MBA-AGSM for more information about scores.
- An applicant to the College of Law must take the Law School Admission Test (LSAT) and must receive a score equal to or greater than the 25th percentile of the current year's incoming class profile. Admission is not guaranteed for applicants with LSAT scores below the 25th percentile. Contact the College of Law Office of Admission at 503-370-6282 for this year's specific figure.
The graduate programs will exercise their right to deny admission to students applying for the Guaranteed Admission Program who do not meet any or all of the above criteria. Transfer students' eligibility for all programs will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
The Guaranteed Admission Program is valid for up to three years beyond the date of graduation from Willamette University's College of Liberal Arts.
If you have questions about this program, contact the appropriate grad school.