First, you need to know what questions employers are likely to ask (we have the list).
Second, practice answering those questions using the S.T.A.R. method (we show you how).
Third, you need to prepare some questions and know how to follow-up (we have examples).
Three steps to a successful interview
Step 1. Watch the 5-minute video on interviewing techniques (introduction to the S.T.A.R. behavioral method)
Step 2. Write down what S.T.A.R. stands for so you remember how to answer questions using that acronym.
Step 3. Practice using the Optimal Resume Interviewing module tutorial. Practice answering several questions online via your laptop camera. The more you practice the more likely that you will succeed just like any other skill you rehearse over and over.
- How to dress for career events and interviews
- On-campus interview techniques
- Interviewing strategies (Powerpoint Presentation)
- Informational Interviews
- Sample Interview evaluation form
- Interviewing techniques
- http://www.rileyguide.com/interview.html all types of interviewing situations.
- How MIT trains their interviewers to conduct Behavioral Interviews. Good “insider” information
- How to dress for the interview
- 12 ways to improve your interview
- Negative Factors which lead to rejection