Department Funds

Many departments and student organizations transact business with students, staff, and the general public at large. In order to transact in cash, these departments or student organizations need the ability to offer change.

Departmental Change Funds

Departmental change funds are for department use only and are intended for use of longer than one week. They can be checked out as early as June 1st of each fiscal year by submitting a completed Departmental Change Request Form (see below).  All change funds must be turned in no later than May 31st of each fiscal year (although many departments turn them in after students leave for the summer).

Departments are required to reconcile their change funds on a daily basis and make deposits no less frequently than once per week as well as on the last business day of each month.

These funds may NOT be used for petty cash refunds.

Relevant Forms:

Cash Advances

Short-term change funds may be checked out by departments or student organizations for periods of 7 days or less. These cash advances must be requested by sending an email to at least two business days prior to pick-up.

Email requests must contain the following information:

  • Department or club responsible for the funds
  • Dates needed
  • Amount requested
  • Requested pick-up date

These funds may NOT be used for petty cash refunds.

Relevant forms: