Restricted Contact Orders

Any Willamette University student who feels unsafe around another university student who may have violated the Code of Student Conduct may request a restricted contact order. To request a restricted contact order, contact Housing and Conference (503) 370-6212, the Office of Student Affairs (503-370-6447) or Campus Safety (503-370-6911). Campus Safety is available 24-hours a day.

If a university employee is involved, Human Resources will be involved in the process. Once put in place, all restrictions apply equitably to both parties and are in effect until formally removed. While providing for reasonable access to campus resources and activities, restricted contact orders are intended to reduce the likelihood that the involved parties will have contact with each other.

 There may be situations in which one or both of the parties are temporarily relocated into different residential facilities. These actions do not indicate a decision about a violation of the Code of Student Conduct; rather, they are ways of limiting the interaction of the involved parties until the matter is resolved. Violating a restricted contact order is a serious violation. An alleged violation of a Restricted Contact Order may be adjudicated through the conduct process through Informal or Formal Resolution processes depending on the severity and the impact of the alleged behavior upon the other involved party.