A student organization and its members may be held collectively and individually responsible for violations of the Code of Student Conduct by those associated with the organization or group, including guests and alumni of the organization.
A. When an Incident Report is filed naming a student organization as respondent, the presiding officer or students affiliated with the group shall be required to participate in meetings and hearings as representatives of the group.
B. An incident report may be filed against an organization under the Code when any of the following situations exist.
- Members of the organization act in concert to violate the Code or other university policies.
- A violation arises out of an event sponsored, financed or endorsed by the organization.
- An organization leader has knowledge of the act or incident before or while it occurs and fails to take corrective action.
- The incident occurs at a facility, on or off campus, which is owned, leased, rented or used by the student organization.
- A pattern of individual violations is found to have existed without proper or appropriate organization remedy or sanction.
- Members of the organization attempt to cover up or fail to report improper conduct to the appropriate university officials.