By the Numbers:
- 72,386 total hours of service
- 41,077 hours from undergraduate students
- 16,194 hours from graduate students
- 2,560 hours from faculty
- 12,555 hours from service learning courses
Service Immersion Programs
Jump Start: New Student Orientation for Community Outreach (NSOCO)
- Seven sites, eleven freshman participants, five day program
- Increased intentional methods for building group identity, by organizing gatherings and service opportunities through out the year.
- Began the transition into a Service, Leadership, and Sustainability pre-orientation program (SLS).
MLK Day of Service: Into the Streets
- 9 service sites
- 180 students served
- 540 hours during 2016 Into the Streets
Service Learning Courses
- 4 designated service learning courses
- 8 classes which incorporate service
- 273 students
- 12,555 hours of service
- 7 disciplines; Exercise Science, Psychology, Interdisciplinary, Rhetoric, Religion, Sociology, English Language/American Studies
Student Organizational Support
- Sexual Assault Response Allies (SARA): Group of trained volunteers who provide support for survivors of sexual assault and their allies.
- Best Buddies: International college based volunteer program designed to promote one-to-one friendships between college students and people with developmental disabilities.
- Environmental (ECOS); ECOS aims to foster environmental awareness, continued environmental education, and environmental career opportunities.
- Burning Bright: Provides opportunities to volunteer with children with serious illnesses, such as service at hospital, fundraisers, organizational events, and specialized camps.
Recognition and Awards
- 3 students were selected as Community Engagement Scholars in November of 2015