Contribute to Take a Break

Ways to Give

Monetary Donations

Monetary donations can provide scholarships for student participants. You can indicate a specific student to sponsor, or you can allow us to select a student in need of sponsorship. Donations can also be applied to a specific program cost, such as travel, food, or service supplies. Alternatively, you can indicate a specific trip you would like to help fund or a specific issue that you have a passion for, such as disaster relief or literacy.

To donate online

Please use the Willamette University Online Donation form. Important: When completing the form, select a designation of "Other" and specify "Take a Break". To direct your donation to a specific need, enter the name or title of the student, supply, cause or location. (Examples: "Take a Break: Jane Doe"; "Take a Break: Travel"; "Take a Break: Disaster Relief"; "Take a Break: San Francisco".)

Donation via mail

Submit your donation to Take a Break, Willamette University, 900 State Street, Salem, OR, 97301. Please make checks payable to Willamette University/Take a Break. To direct your donation to a specific need, please include a letter with the name or title of the student, supply, cause or location you'd like to sponsor.

In-Kind Donations

Check back in November for a list of supplies that we'll need for our upcoming trips.


Our participants engage in a variety of local fundraisers such as bake sales, raffles, and auctions. Corporations can donate items to these efforts or demonstrate support by attending these events.

Payroll Deduction

Many Willamette University staff and faculty donate to the program. For information on donating to TaB directly from your monthly paycheck, please use the Willamette Community Fund Drive Payroll Deduction form