Special Housing Requests

Requests for special housing accommodations are made by scheduling an appointment to meet with the Accessible Education Services (formerly Disability Services) Coordinator and providing documentation of a disability that creates a functional limitation in the environment as it pertains to the Americans with Disabilities Act. Accessible Education Services (formerly Disability Services) seeks to ensure consistency in evaluating requests while simultaneously exploring each individual situation before making recommendations to Residential Services. It is our practice to determine the housing accommodation that provides the most traditional Willamette college experience.

The learning environment and residential living are central to the Willamette University experience and mission. On campus residences provide out-of-class living/ learning spaces where socializing occurs. They are not the primary resource for studying. (See WU study areas)

Please allow adequate time to process requests which may include contacts by Accessible Education Services (formerly Disability Services) to the medical provider.