Fall Deadline: September 12, 2016 (5pm)
If you have health insurance that is comparable to the Willamette Student Health Insurance Plan offered through a different insurance company (i.e., through a parent/guardian, employer, spouse, or other source) and DO NOT want to take part in the Willamette Plan, you must complete the online waiver process starting July 25, 2016 and complete by September 12, 2016 (5pm) or you will be automatically enrolled in the Willamette plan and the charge, which must be paid, will remain on your student account.
*Enrollment/waivers for eligible students meeting the corresponding credit hours is/are annual and will apply for the entire 2016-2017 policy year. Students who waive/enroll Fall 2016 semester are choosing to waive/enroll for both Fall and Spring Semester (if eligible both Fall and Spring semester based on credit requirement), the opportunity to waive/enroll will NOT be provided again in Spring 2017 semester; Spring open enrollment and waiver period is only applicable to new incoming students or students NOT enrolled Fall 2016 semester. Late enrollment or waiver requests will no be accepted, no exceptions.
Students are expected to maintain comparable health insurance coverage at all times during the academic school year. If during the year your existing coverage is canceled it is the student’s responsibility to contact the WU Student Health Services to discuss the options for obtaining alternative coverage such as an individual plan or picking up the WU Student Plan with proof of loss of coverage.
Waivers should be submitted online through Aetna Student Health website and instructions can be found to the right on this page.
*Note: Approved waivers remain in effect through the end of that academic year (Fall through Summer). If you submit a waiver in Fall and it is approved, it will apply to both the Fall and Spring semesters. If you plan on attending during the next academic year, you must submit a new waiver for that year in the fall.
Spring Deadline: February 6, 2017 (5pm)
Spring 2017 open enrollment and waiver period is only applicable to new incoming students or students NOT enrolled Fall 2016 semester, waiver period for Spring Semester will start Monday, December 19, 2016.
U.S. Citizens and Permanent Residents
Criteria for waiving the health insurance requirement:
- Does your plan provide inpatient and outpatient mental health coverage?
- Does your plan provide prescription drug coverage?
- Do you have current active coverage, agree to maintain this coverage throughout the 2016-2017 academic year, and agree to notify the Bishop Student Insurance Office if your insurance terminates for any reason?
- I understand that by waiving the Willamette Student Health Insurance Plan, I can still obtain services at Bishop Wellness Center.
- Does your plan provide inpatient and outpatient medical care within a 50 mile radius of Salem, OR?
- If you are enrolled in a HMO plan that does not meet this requirement you will be asked to formally acknowledge that you understand you may have to return home for uncovered services.