*Note: Aetna Student Health sent out letters to all students requesting SSN Numbers, this was sent out by mistake. Please disregard the letter that you received from Aetna Student Health!!
Step 1: Register for Classes
You must be actively registered for classes for 2015/2016 school year before starting the online request for the waiver process. If you are not registered for classes, you will not be able to request a waiver using the online system.
Step 2: Visit the Aetna website between July 20, 2015 and September 14, 2015 (5 pm).
Once you register for your classes, you will be eligible to request a waiver from July 20, 2015 through September 14, 2015 (5pm).
Step 3: Read over Waiver Criteria to make sure this is the right option for you.
Step 4: Complete your online request for a waiver
All requests to waive the Willamette Student Health Insurance Plan must be completed online by the student. Make sure you have all of the required information before beginning - you are not able to log out and come back to the request at a later time.
- Have a copy of your health insurance ID card prior to beginning the waiver request.
- Go to Aetna Student Health website
- Type in "Willamette University" in the purple box and you will be directed to the school's website.
- On the right side of the page, click on Waive: Domestic Student Health Insurance Plan.
- Type in your Willamette ID Number and Date of Birth.
- Follow directions for entering your insurance information and submit to Aetna.
- Aetna will verify with your carrier and notify Student Accounts to remove insurance premium charge from your student account.
Please contact Bishop Wellness Center or email us at email@example.com if you have any questions.
For International Students
Consult the International Student Health Insurance for enrollment and waiver instructions.