Fall Deadline: September 12, 2016 (5pm)
*All eligible Willamette Students will be enrolled in the Willamette Student Health Insurance Policy every academic year.
*Enrollment/waivers for eligible students meeting the corresponding credit hours is/are annual and will apply for the entire 2016-2017 policy year. Students who waive/enroll Fall 2016 semester are choosing to waive/enroll for both Fall and Spring semester (if eligible both Fall and Spring semester based on credit requirement), the opportunity to waive/enroll will NOT be provided again in Spring 2017 semester; Spring open enrollment and waiver period is only applicable to new incoming students or students NOT enrolled Fall 2016 semester. Late enrollment or waiver requests will not be accepted, no exceptions.
Step 1: Register for Classes
You must actively be registered for classes for the 2016-2017 academic year before starting the online request for the waiver process. If you are not registered for classes, you will not be able to request a waiver using the online system.
Step 2: Visit the Aetna Student Health website between July 25, 2016 and September 12, 2016 (5pm).
Once you register for classes, you will be eligible to request a waiver from July 25, 2016 through September 12, 2016 (5pm).
Step 3: Read over the Waiver Criteria to make sure this is the right option for you.
Step 4: Complete the online request for a waiver
All requests to waive the Willamette Student Health Insurance Plan must be completed online by the student. Make sure you have all of the required information before beginning - you are not able to log out and come back to the request at a later time.
- Have a copy of your Health Insurance ID Card prior to beginning the waiver request.
- Go to Aetna Student Health website
- Type in "Willamette University" in the purple box on the right and you will be directed to the school's website.
- On the right side of the page, click on Waive: Domestic Student Health Insurance Plan.
- Follow the directions for entering your Insurance Information and submit to Aetna Student Health.
- Aetna Student Health will verify insurance with your current carrier and notify Student Accounts to remove insurance premium from your Student Account once the waiver has been approved.
Please contact Bishop Wellness Center or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
For International Students
Consult the International Student Health Insurance for enrollment and waiver instructions.