The first floor of Ford Hall has been redesigned as the Learning Commons - a place that encourages collaborative work. The space facilitates studying in groups, providing tools such as white/glass boards, projection systems, big screens, and comfortable space.
Studying with others promotes deeper engagement with the material one is trying to learn. Academic Support will help you form study groups and suggest strategies for getting the most out of them.
Study Group Tips
- Form groups of 2-4 people
- Read the material before meeting as a group
- Attempt to work problems yourself
- Identify questions, points of difficulty
- Set ground rules for group interaction: how long to meet before a break, how to interrupt, how to challenge/disagree
Forms and Newsletters
- Why Study Groups? (doc)