- How can I get a tutor?
- How can a tutor help me?
- How do I become a tutor?
- What if I need more tutoring time than 2 hours per week?
- How do I enter my hours for tutoring?
- Other Questions or Concerns?
1. How can I get a tutor?
Please fill out the Tutor Request Application.
Once you submit the form, your professor will be contacted for recommendations about possible tutors. This process usually takes a week, although it may take longer depending on the amount of time it takes your professor and the potential tutors to respond. When a tutor has been found you will be alerted by e-mail and given the tutor’s e-mail address so that you may contact that person to set up a tutoring schedule.
2. How can a tutor help me?
Tutors provide a wide range of services. They can explain difficult concepts or listen and provide feedback as you explain your understanding of such concepts from class or readings. They can serve as a study-partner in reviewing material from class. They may also share their own effective strategies for note-making, studying, writing essays, and preparing for class.
3. How do I become a tutor?
Please fill out the Tutor Application.
If a student requests help in your area of expertise you may be selected to tutor that student. When this happens you will be alerted by e-mail and given the student’s e-mail address so that you may contact them to set up a tutoring schedule.
4. What if I need more tutoring time than 2 hours per week?
Under special circumstances we allow for such arrangements. If you feel that your circumstances justify the need for more tutoring contact email@example.com.
5. How do I enter my hours for tutoring?
- Complete the required forms with the Student Payroll Office.
- Log into JASON.
- Once you're in JASON there should be a category labeled "Time Sheet for Students." Under this category select the link that says "Time Sheet Entry".
- Now a screen should appear titled "time sheet entry". On this page you should be able to select your tutoring job by selecting the dot to the left of that job. Next you should be able to select the appropriate pay period by choosing from the drop down selection. Select the appropriate job and pay period and then hit continue.
- Now a page titled "time card entry" should appear. Please fill in your hours from the drop down menus. Next to each time you worked type the first and last name of the student you tutored in the description box. When you have finished click the save button at the bottom of the page.
- Now another page titled "Time card entry" will come up and the hours you entered will be there for you to review. If you find an error go back and change it. DO NOT hit the finished button.
- Hitting the finished button sends your hours in for the month and once you hit the finished button you will not be allowed to send in any more hours for that pay period. Only hit the finished button once you have added all the hours that you will be working for a pay period. If you are not finished for the pay period you can still enter and save hours as instructed above, just remember not to hit the finished button and instead simply exit out of the window once you have completed step 5.
6. Other Questions or Concerns?
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.