The University of Western Australia is found in Perth, a coastal city of 1.2 million inhabitants. This vibrant capital of the state of Western Australia has a Mediterranean climate and provides easy access to the Indian Ocean and Australian outback.
Undergraduate units (classes) at UWA are available to WU students and all majors are recommended. Natural Science majors may choose to study in Perth because of its excellent reputation and abundant resources in those fields. See the UWA Handbook for more unit information.
Several residential colleges are available for WU students to choose from during their time in Perth. Meals are taken in residential dinning halls. The college provides activities, clubs, and support for their residents and provide a strong social network for all students at UWA.
This program is available in fall or spring semester. Be aware that UWA's academic year begins in February and ends in November. UWA's first semester is mid-February to late June. The second semester is early July through mid-November.
Please see the Willamette Sponsored Programs Cost Matrix for detailed explanation of the cost of each program. The Australian government requires that all international students have Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC). Housing costs are paid directly to the Residential College at UWA. Be prepared to pay deposits or continency fees in advance of your arrival in Perth.
- University of Western Australia (UWA)
- International Centre at UWA
- UWA Handbook, unit information
- Information for incoming international students
- On-campus Accommodation (Residential Colleges) (do not start the application process until advised by OIE)
- Information about required health insurance
- Australian Department of Immigration (do not start the visa application until advised by OIE)
- Study in Australia Website (useful links, helpful visa information, etc.)
- Local Weather
- Embassy of Australia: historical and government information
- CIA World Factbook
- Lonely Planet Guide
- Western Australia information