During business hours:
Office of International Education +1-503-375-5493
(Monday through Friday, 8am to 5pm Pacific Time)
If you reach voicemail, PLEASE leave a message AND proceed to other contact avenues. Staff numbers can be found here.
Outside of business hours
Willamette University Campus Safety/Service Center: +1-503-370-6911
The Campus Safety/Service Center office will contact a member of the OIE when the office is not open or staff is otherwise unavailable.
For students who are abroad
If your personal safety and health are at risk, your first emergency contact should be with an on-site support staff or local emergency officials if possible. This is so you can get the most appropriate help as quickly as possible.
When you call Willamette University (or any person from whom you need help), ask the name of the person to whom you are speaking, then give that person the following information - speak slowly and clearly):
- clearly state that you are calling from abroad and that you are a participant in a Willamette University study abroad program
- your name;
- your location (country, city/town, and location, the street address if possible, if you are in a homestay, the family name is helpful too);
- a brief explanation of the problem;
- the type of help you are requesting;
- how we can contact you (telephone number, FAX, Skype or e-mail address)- give as many options as available;
- the names and contact information (if possible) of those you have already contacted for assistance
We will try to contact you and offer whatever assistance we can as soon as possible. Please record the date and time that you called and the name of the person to whom you spoke so we can follow up more easily if needed.