ORSAA is an alternative financial aid form for FAFSA that is especifically designed to help undocumented and DACA students. The Oregon student aid application is available for students starting october 1st.
What is the difference between FAFSA and ORSAA?
Willamette’s Student Health Insurance
Students attending Willamette University are expected to have a form of health insurance throughout the entire academic school year. If the student is already enrolled in a health plan, the student needs to make sure that their health coverage is comparable to the Willamette Student Health Plan.
How do I waive the Willamette Student Health Insurance?
Criteria for waiving the Student Health Insurance Plan
- Do you have current active coverage, agree to maintain this coverage throughout the 2017-2018 academic year, and agree to notify the Bishop Student Insurance Office if your insurance terminates for any reason?
- I understand that by waiving the Willamette Student Health Insurance Plan, I can still obtain services at Bishop Wellness Center.
- Does your plan provide inpatient and outpatient medical care within a 50 mile radius of Salem, OR?
- If you are enrolled in a HMO plan that does not meet this requirement you will be asked to formally acknowledge that you understand you may have to return home for uncovered services.
What If I do not have Health Insurance?
If the student does not have a health insurance or their current health coverage fails to meet Willamette’s student health insurance criteria, the student will be automatically enrolled in the Willamette student health insurance for the current academic year.
Are there alternative options besides automatically enrolling to the Willamette Student Health Insurance?
There are two options:
- Enroll in the Willamette’s Student Health Insurance and set up a payment plan under Student’s Account in the Registrar Office
- Waive the Student Health Insurance for the entire academic year