- How much does each program cost?
- How does the application for scholarships work?
- When should I arrive for the program?
- What should I bring?
- Is my registration fee refundable if I need to cancel?
- Do I need to bring any money?
- Do I have the option not to participate during any of the days?
1. How much does each program cost?
Each program will cost $250. This coveres the cost of food, travel, accomodations, and all activity fees during the program. All applicants may opt in to be considered for need-based scholarships.
2. How does the application for scholarships work?
When you submit your application you may select for it is processed by financial aid to determine if you qualify for any of our need-based scholarships. You will be notified if you received any scholarships when you are admitted into the program. These scholarships will automatically be applied to your registration fee when you sign up.
3. When should I arrive for the program?
Participants should plan to arrive on the WU campus on Saturday, August 18th, 9:00am. Registrations end at 12:15pm. Check ins will be held at Campus Recreation (Montag Center).
4. What should I bring?
Participants should bring clothing for 4 days packed separately from the belongings to stay in the campus housing. More specific packing lists can be found in the registration information for each specific jumpstart program.
5. Is my registration fee refundable if I need to cancel?
Refund requests are taken on a case by case basis up until July 21st. Due to the deposits and final totals for the program accommodations, cancellations after July 21st will not be refunded.
6. Do I need to bring any money?
Participants may want to bring money while participating in their Jump Start program. I would suggest no more than $50.00. I would also suggest that you store it someplace that only you have knowledge of. Willamette University and the Jump Start staff hold no responsibility for lost, stolen, or misplaced items or money.
7. Do I have the option not to participate during any of the days?
All participants are expected to fully participate in each day's activities.