- How much does each program cost?
- How does the application for scholarships work?
- What is the registration fee used for?
- When should I arrive for the program?
- What should I bring?
- What about storage for my belongings?
- What are the accommodations like at the 4-H Center?
- Is my registration fee refundable if I need to cancel?
- Do I need to bring any money?
- Do I have the option not to participate during any of the days?
1. How much does each program cost?
Each of the three Jump Start programs costs $325. All applicants may opt in to be considered for need-based scholarships.
2. How does the application for scholarships work?
When you submit your application you may select for it is processed by financial aid to determine if you qualify for any of our need-based scholarships. You will be notified if you received any scholarships when you are admitted into the program. These scholarships will automatically be applied to your registration fee when you sign up.
3. What is the registration fee used for?
The registration fee is used for food and facility rental at the 4-H Center, transportation costs, and any activity fees.
4. When should I arrive for the program?
Participants should plan to arrive on the WU campus on Saturday, August 19th, 9:00am. Registrations end at 12:15pm. Check ins will be held at Campus Recreation (Montag Center).
5. What should I bring?
Participants should bring clothing for 5 days packed separately from the belongings to stay in the campus housing. More specific packing lists can be found in the registration information for each specific jumpstart.
6. What about storage for my belongings?
Participants will be able to store their belongings in the residence hall rooms prior to leaving for their Jump Start program. Students should not plan to do any room set-up or unpacking on August 19th, as time will be limited (and you should wait to meet your roommate).
7. What are the accommodations like at the 4-H Center?
You will be staying in cabins at the 4-H Center. Cabins are arranged with bunk beds. Although the cabins are fairly rustic, they all have electrical outlets, heat, and lights. Bathrooms and show facilities are located within 50 yards of any cabin. The grounds are spacious. Participants will be sleeping in bunks with a mattress. Bedding is not provided.
8. Is my registration fee refundable if I need to cancel?
Refund requests are taken on a case by case basis up until July 21st. Due to the deposits and final totals for the program accommodations, cancellations after July 21st will not be refunded.
9. Do I need to bring any money?
Participants may want to bring money while participating in their Jump Start program. I would suggest no more than $50.00. I would also suggest that you store it someplace that only you have knowledge of. Willamette University, the 4-H Center, and the Jump Start staff hold no responsibility for lost, stolen, or misplaced items or money.
10. Do I have the option not to participate during any of the days?
All participants are expected to fully participate in each day's activities.